Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Tantor Audio Cyber Monday $4.99 All Downloads

Among all of the Cyber Monday emails in my inbox this morning is one from Tantor Audio:

Cyber Monday Sale: TODAY ONLY
ALL Downloads $4.99 Each
No code to enter.
Over 1900 Titles To Choose From!
http://www.tantor.com/home-consumer.asp
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if I can transfer the downloads I purchase to a Sansa clip zip?
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if I can transfer the downloads I purchase to a Sansa clip zip?
All of the audiobooks I've downloaded from them have been DRM-free MP3s, and I've played them on several devices, including my Zip+. I think all of their downloads are like this.

This might help:
http://www.tantor.com/mp3new.asp
Old 11-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you bookmarked for a timely response. Now I can download a bunch. Do you also happen to know if the mp3 CD's can be played like any audio cd in most cars?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Thank you bookmarked for a timely response. Now I can download a bunch. Do you also happen to know if the mp3 CD's can be played like any audio cd in most cars?
If there is a problem, it'll be with the player and not the disk. Most car stereos can play mp3 cds, unless you have a really old one. Players that can handle mp3 cds have been pretty standard since about 2000 or a little after. I got my girlfriend an mp3 CD from them for her birthday and it played fine in her car.

If for some reason it can't be played, these disks are DRM-free can can be burned to standard CDs.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
bookmarked
Addict

Quote:
Do you also happen to know if the mp3 CD's can be played like any audio cd in most cars?
That depends on the CD player. Broadly speaking, the more recent the CD player, the more likely it is to play MP3-CDs, which are really just data CDs with the MP3 data files rather than audio/music CDs that play on any CD player. You'd have to check the manual for your player to see.

Just so there's no confusion, the $4.99 price applies to the audiobook downloads, not to the MP3-CDs, though those are 50% off until 12/31/2012.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
Venus
Country girl

Thank you skinmaan and Bookmarked. My car is a 2011 and I am able to bluetooth my iPad and android phone but I am unable to bluetooth my sansa clip zip so I was looking at mp3 cd's. I drive many hours a week and can't seem to drive a single mile anymore without listening to an audiobook. I may be able to transfer the tantor audiobook download to my phone and bluetooth that way. It is hard to resist the $4.99 deal at Tantor but the transfer process seems more time consuming than I had hoped. But I appreciate the kindness of both of you for answering so quickly.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Thank you skinmaan and Bookmarked. My car is a 2011 and I am able to bluetooth my iPad and android phone but I am unable to bluetooth my sansa clip zip so I was looking at mp3 cd's. I drive many hours a week and can't seem to drive a single mile anymore without listening to an audiobook. I may be able to transfer the tantor audiobook download to my phone and bluetooth that way. It is hard to resist the $4.99 deal at Tantor but the transfer process seems more time consuming than I had hoped. But I appreciate the kindness of both of you for answering so quickly.
Why don't you just get the $4.99 download and burn your own mp3 CD?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
This.

Or see if your car has either an SD slot or USB port and put the MP3's on that type of media.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Wow Catlady what a wonderful suggestion. I have never done that before but it may be one way to solve my immediate problem.
I was too focused on the bluetooth way. I'd like to think that it is the frenzy of CyberMonday that induced my tunnel-vision. I took today off and had hoped to breeze through my purchases.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
This.

Or see if your car has either an SD slot or USB port and put the MP3's on that type of media.
My car has both an SD slot and a USB port but it it did not recognize my Sansa clip zip. I called the dealership and they said that there is an upgrade and I am going to do that but apparently that is an entire day and I wanted to know now about all the compatibility issues so that I could avail myself of this great $4.99 deal. Thank you for inquiring, I need all the help that I can get. Catlady's suggestion was wonderful but I also need the mp3 way for when I don't have the time for burning CDs since this is something that I haven't done yet.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
bookmarked
Addict

In addition to all of the other suggestions, some car stereos have an auxiliary input jack in front that looks like a headphone jack. That way you can use a cheap cable to connect almost any mobile device, if you're lucky. They may have skipped that since they included Bluetooth on yours, though.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
My car has both an SD slot and a USB port but it it did not recognize my Sansa clip zip. I called the dealership and they said that there is an upgrade and I am going to do that but apparently that is an entire day and I wanted to know now about all the compatibility issues so that I could avail myself of this great $4.99 deal. Thank you for inquiring, I need all the help that I can get. Catlady's suggestion was wonderful but I also need the mp3 way for when I don't have the time for burning CDs since this is something that I haven't done yet.
In my experience it wouldn't recognize a device (like your Sansa, that would need an Aux jack and a 3.5mm audio cable) via USB it's for attaching a USB drive/stick and that's it. My car has an SD slot and I just copy MP3 files onto an SD and then play them that way.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Wow Catlady what a wonderful suggestion. I have never done that before but it may be one way to solve my immediate problem.
I was too focused on the bluetooth way. I'd like to think that it is the frenzy of CyberMonday that induced my tunnel-vision. I took today off and had hoped to breeze through my purchases.
Some Amazon Lightning Deals you might be interested in:
Sale prices won't appear until the deals go live.

A general caveat when dealing with Lightning Deals is to act fast, because many items sell out in a matter of seconds.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #15
Venus
Country girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
In addition to all of the other suggestions, some car stereos have an auxiliary input jack in front that looks like a headphone jack. That way you can use a cheap cable to connect almost any mobile device, if you're lucky. They may have skipped that since they included Bluetooth on yours, though.
Nope, no such luck. But keep them coming. I am learning a lot from all these questions and suggestions.