Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
yunnieman
yunnieman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Moving Kindle and non Kindle Collections from K3 to new K4

Hello.

I tried very hard to review the forum to see if this question was already answered but it seems only partially. I'm legally blind and Amazon's instructions are disgustingly small no matter how much I try to zoom in. Hope someone can help me here.

SITUATION:

1. I have a K3 w/keyboard and over 800 books and blogs.

2. Half were converted through Calibre, rest bought and paid. Everything is sorted into collections.

3. There are no mps, audiobooks. Just books and converted documents.

4. I ordered the new K4 with ads to be coming in this Friday.
----------------------------------------------

NEED HELP WITH:

1. In many threads, it is indicated I just need to move my 'books' into my new Kindle then access (in new Kindle) the Archived Collections to get my Collections. However, I seem to be the only one who is clueless on how exactly to do that as there are no specific steps.
----------------------------------------------

MY QUESTION(S):
1. How do I go about 'moving' books? Do I just grab my documents folder in my old Kindle and drag n drop it into my new Kindle documents folder?

2. The Collections in my old Kindle were customized categories such as 'Disability Paperwork' and 'Visual Therapy' and boring titles like that. Would my new Kindle have those archived too? Is there anyway to preserve my Collections without having to start over?

3. Does anyone have a link to a good explanatory step by step guide to do all this? I think it'll save people the hassle to try and type out instructions here in this forum.

Sorry for the long post and probably VERY dumb questions to you all. I hope someone can help me. My old Kindle is getting slow, otherwise I loathed buying a new one and possibly lose all my hard work organizing the thing.

Sincerely,
Anna
yunnieman is offline   Reply With Quote