Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #766
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Source View Post
Lolnoob has asked an important question about a month ago:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=701

How to restore the original default boot image?

I was searching like mad the forum and the whole internet for the answer, but could not find any.

If you display any image then you can find an option "Set Boot Splash" in the tools menu. I have tried this to see how it works, thinking that there surely must be a straightforward way to restore the original. This was a big mistake, there is no such option (at least not that I could find). I was also searching the directories of the M92 with the otfm file manager for .png images in hope to find the original, or at least the one I replaced it with. No luck.

Can anybody please find the original factory boot image and upload it here so that we could replace the custom screen with it? It was an impressive image.

If it can't be found, then it would be nice if Booxtor could at least add a warning to the first post to think twice before using this function, because the original can't be recovered. Let's make it clear whether this can be done or can not, so that people should not waste hour and hours for looking for the solution which does not exist.

Thanks for help.
Cheers,
Joe
did you try to install any update to your device? AFAIK it should recover original default boot image
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #767
SakoTiem
SakoTiem began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
it's not possible to enable stardict dictionary.

I did follow the instructions. After unzipping in Stardict, there are three files in the submap of de main map DICTS. I made a map in the internal memory as in the SD cart. Its not possible to open the dictionary.
I introduced the last update 1.7.
Can someone tell me what's going wrong?
SakoTiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #768
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I am not sure if Linux is or is not case sensitive...

For sure dicts works. In dicts you must make folder e.g. MyDictionary and you put 3 files to this folder.

But the question is, if you have proper 3 files... I had problems with some dictionaries. There were say 4 files, but one of 3 needed was missing....
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #769
Source
M92 User
Source began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Default Boot Splash image restored by new update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
did you try to install any update to your device? AFAIK it should recover original default boot image
Well... this is exactly what I was hoping to avoid. Anyway, I did it after some hesitation and it restored the boot image, but for a price. It took some time to restore all the previous setting, install the file manager, reinstall the screensavers etc.

It would be a good idea to add a warning to your first post, and perhaps to the tweaking wiki. Preventing the inconvenience is better than the cure. I am still searching for the boot image. Hopefully now I can find it finally.

Cheers,
Joe
Source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #770
graus
graus began at the beginning.

Device: ICARUS eXcel
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomerzon View Post
Hello
I just purchased an Icarus Excel (= branded M92 Onyx) and can't find out if I can use the Onyx M92 firmware on it (from this thread).
Yours
Filip
I think it should be possible, as they are hardware-wise identical. However, Excel recently brought out new firmware, and it contains more new stuff than the changelog says. It has for example an updated coolreader (with easy margins setup!) and some more changes in the interface. Check it out: http://www.icarusreader.com/downloads-excel
graus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #771
SakoTiem

Not possible introduce a other dictionary

I did download two dictionaries: after extraction I got three files with extenstions: *.dz, *.idx and *.ifo. Is there any file missing? I used the link that was a example in the forum about dictionary. I can find the files in my internal memory and either in the extented memory from the SD cart. When I look in dictionary then I only see the expl. english dictionary.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:10 AM   #772
Kal9871
Kal9871 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by graus View Post
I think it should be possible, as they are hardware-wise identical. However, Excel recently brought out new firmware, and it contains more new stuff than the changelog says. It has for example an updated coolreader (with easy margins setup!) and some more changes in the interface. Check it out: http://www.icarusreader.com/downloads-excel
Guys, check out that firmware (August 2012 firmware)! I installed it on my vanilla Boox M92 perfectly fine, and while I've just played around with the fw for a little bit, the device feels much snappier and the stylus recognition (which would randomly not work before for me) is now much better! I recommend everyone at least give this one a try (it's the same general layout as the orig fw and all your settings are kept intact)
Kal9871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #773
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Did you check booxtor's firmware 20120726 from the first post before or are you comparing that ICARUS version with the firmware shipped with your device?
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #774
SakoTiem

Could you please tell me which extensions you mean and is there a specific manner to enable the dictionary?
I did download two dictionaries: after extraction I got three files with extenstions: *.dz, *.idx and *.ifo. Is there any file missing? I used the link that was a example in the forum about dictionary. I can find the files in the "internal memory" and either in the extented memory of the SD cart. When I look in "dictionary" to enable I only see the expl. english dictionary.

Last edited by SakoTiem; 09-06-2012 at 07:38 AM. Reason: I found the solution bij myself
Old 09-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #775
webx
webx began at the beginning.

Device: M92(white)Canada
Hi all! I just updated to newest f/w update-20120726.zip and i notice now when it loads once the main menu appears the circle wheel "loads" even more a couple of times before actually being ready. Is this normal?? My load up time is slower than on my stock 1.6 f/w ...
Absolutely love this reader BTW !!

Last edited by webx; 09-06-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: forgot sentence
webx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #776
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Seems the M92 is as dead as they dropped support of the predecessor.
I want the promised functionality!
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #777
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
Seems the M92 is as dead as they dropped support of the predecessor.
I want the promised functionality!

Currently we are polishing on new pdf reader. The new update will be released very soon. I am getting daily new update versions and testing and discussing it with dev team.
It cost me indeed hours every day.

There is a lot of changes and improvements. Not only PDF Reader, but also the file manager and browser were improved too.

What functionality are you missing most of all ?

I don't really want you to do beta testers work, but if the missed functionality is already available I could give you the link
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #778
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Booxtor,
only the functionality that has been confirmed in the Wiki-wishlist.
Thank you for the offer, but i don't have the time to make a beta-tester.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #779
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
The new update will be released very soon. I am getting daily new update versions and testing and discussing it with dev team.
Oh, that is so good to hear, I was beginning to have the same fears as Defenderland aired above.

Quote:
Would you know anything about this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJY View Post
Having just tried the music player again, I notice that when selecting songs from memory (or flash), it pulls in a lot of additional files with the same song # (I assume from the MPID).

I think someone already posted this issue, but cannot find it here; nor is it in the wishlist.
(Maybe I just dreamt it?)
And of course, there is always the volume issue.

Cheers, and thanks for the work!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #780
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: m92
Quote:
A 1-click way to switch between sketching and erasering. For instance, by providing the "sketch" and "erase sketch" icons on the bottom tool bar (say instead of the "clock" icon); though other possibilities have been discussed in the forum.

In fact, allowing the user to configure the bottom tool bar with menu icons would be great; eg so that I could further replace the "volume" icon with the "hide margin" icon, etc.

Many thanks.

PS. I have not seen the following request mentioned; though I might have missed it: that renaming a .pdf file also renames the associated .sketch file under the .onyx subdirectory.
FMP is offline   Reply With Quote