Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #121
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
@KTamas, did you restart your Kindle after putting images in linkss folder?
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:43 AM   #122
KTamas
Enthusiast
KTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Yes, of course. Screen still stays blank when I turn it off.
KTamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #123
Swashy
Swashy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 No Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTamas View Post
Yes, of course. Screen still stays blank when I turn it off.
Well I have the regular Kindle NT, no special offers, and I just get my default screensavers, nothing blank for me. And yes I restarted it.

Last edited by Swashy; 01-29-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Swashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #124
Phre
Phre can extract oil from cheesePhre can extract oil from cheesePhre can extract oil from cheesePhre can extract oil from cheesePhre can extract oil from cheesePhre can extract oil from cheesePhre can extract oil from cheesePhre can extract oil from cheesePhre can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 & 4
I had the same problem originally on my NT without SO.

I made a mistake copying a command from the .rtf file.

Wrong = B. mv /mnt/base-mmc/opt/amazon/screen_saver/600x800/mnt/base-mmc/opt/amazon/screen_saver/600x800_

Right = B. mv /mnt/base-mmc/opt/amazon/screen_saver/600x800 /mnt/base-mmc/opt/amazon/screen_saver/600x800_

I had missed the space at the end of the first line after /600x800 in B. on the .rft
Phre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #125
MERLev
MERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with others

Device: Kindle 4 NT
I have a very good news - Cool Reader 3 was launched on the k4NT, here are screenshots and some information in Russian language https://code.google.com/p/cr3runner/wiki/CR3OnKindle4NT.
Here you can read guide how to run it (in Russian too) https://code.google.com/p/cr3runner/wiki/PrepareKindle
Using this guide you can try to lounch another aplications (fbreader etc) using kindlet instead of launchpad.
If someone will be intrested, i can make simple translation of the guide, or you can try to speak to the author here https://groups.google.com/group/pvnrunner?hl=ru
I already installed cool reader and it works pretty good! Now i am trying to lounch fbreader.
MERLev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #126
MERLev
MERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with othersMERLev plays well with others

Device: Kindle 4 NT
This thing https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=167223
is working on k4NT too =)
MERLev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #127
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLev View Post
I have a very good news - Cool Reader 3 was launched on the k4NT, here are screenshots and some information in Russian language https://code.google.com/p/cr3runner/wiki/CR3OnKindle4NT.
Here you can read guide how to run it (in Russian too) https://code.google.com/p/cr3runner/wiki/PrepareKindle
Using this guide you can try to lounch another aplications (fbreader etc) using kindlet instead of launchpad.
If someone will be intrested, i can make simple translation of the guide, or you can try to speak to the author here https://groups.google.com/group/pvnrunner?hl=ru
I already installed cool reader and it works pretty good! Now i am trying to lounch fbreader.
An english translation of this "CoolReader on Kindle 4 NT how-to" would be really helpful. I'm eager to read my old fb2 books on K4NT...
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #128
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
deleted
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #129
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Here's my ready made CoolReader 3 installer for K4NT :

Requirements :
- Jailbreak (developer or ixtab's method)

Installation :
- Download and extract : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16679763/cr3runner_2.5_k4w.zip
- Copy cr3runner_2.5_k4w_install.bin, cr3 and qtKindle to your Kindle
- Update from settings menu

Last edited by seaniko7; 01-31-2012 at 06:38 PM.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #130
kobestarr
kobestarr began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Sorry what does coolread actually do??
kobestarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:10 AM   #131
aBP
aBP began at the beginning.

Device: K4NT
Hi, first off thanks for everyone's hard work. I am a long time lurker of mobileread. I registered because I am having trouble installing all the packages for the k4nt. I am using a k4NT that is jailbroken, and has custom screensavers.
I am trying to get custom fonts specifically, but none of the installers work for me. I copy the data.tar.gz file, and the update_"name here"_install.bin to the root, and select 'update your kindle'. Every time I get the same result "Update failed - please check error code below" the error code is U007. Can anyone help? Not sure what is wrong...

Last edited by aBP; 02-01-2012 at 04:33 AM.
aBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #132
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobestarr View Post
Sorry what does coolread actually do??
see this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148850
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #133
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
Here's my ready made CoolReader 3 installer for K4NT :

Requirements :
- Jailbreak (developer or ixtab's method)

Installation :
- Download and extract : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16679763/cr3runner_2.5_k4w.zip
- Copy cr3runner_2.5_k4w_install.bin, cr3 and qtKindle to your Kindle
- Update from settings menu
Thanks a lot! I've succesfully installed CoolReader on my K4NT. It works fine, but a little bit unstable yet, sometimes it shows an error message and restarts the Kindle. I hope it will be fixed in next versions.
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:34 AM   #134
KTamas
Enthusiast
KTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Okay, I've solved the issue.

First, I updated the Kindle to 4.0.1. Then I used the '.assets' trick to remove the ads: http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...-paying-extra/

Then I rebooted into diagnostics mode, calculated the root pw (with this page: http://members.ping.de/~sven/kindle.html ). Then I did the following:

mntroot rw
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/base-mmc
cd /mnt/base-mmc/opt/amazon/screen_saver/
mv 600x800 600x800.bak
mkdir /mnt/us/screensaver
ln -sfn /mnt/us/screensaver /mnt/base-mmc/opt/amazon/screen_saver/600x800

Then I copied all the default screensavers from 600x800.bak to the /mnt/us/screensaver directory. After reboot, it all worked.

Note: Make sure the screensavers you put into the 'screensaver' folder are color RGB pngs and *not* greyscale ones.
KTamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #135
purpleclockwork
purpleclockwork began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 nt
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
@Swashy, it's screensaver hack by NiLuJe with some small fixes to work on K4NT. Check this topic

Also here's font hack :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16679763/upd..._4.9.N_k4w.zip

And simple jailbreak using ixtab method :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16679763/kin...lbreak-1.0.zip

To JB :
- Copy RUNME.sh and data.tar.gz to your Kindle
- Reboot from settings menu
- enjoy

Does this jailbreak work for the kindle 4 non-touch?
purpleclockwork is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 4th gen hack