Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
Moonrakerone
Moonrakerone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Help Un-hacking my 2nd Gen Kindle?

I'm having all sorts of issues.
My dad tried to do a screensaver hack and it must have failed or something, but the firmware is stuck at 2.5.6 (501108064) +ss 0.4
I have tried (for way too many hours, really) to uninstall it using original firmware, resetting to factory settings (before i learned that that wouldn't help) and upgrading the screensaver hack.

Can you help me to just get it back to stock so i can upgrade to the latest official release before jailbreaking it?

Serial Number: B003B0ABLAHBLAH

Thanks!

Last edited by Moonrakerone; 05-16-2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: removed serial :)
Moonrakerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:40 AM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Hmm.. I really don't think you should give away your full serial number here. Perhaps just show the initial B0003
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 01:02 AM   #3
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
You might try posting in the the Kindle Developer's Corner under the "Fonts and Screensaver Hacks" thread, they're usually very helpful....

Last edited by GoSharks; 05-16-2011 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Thought I should put in the correct name of the thread!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You don't have to go back to "stock" before upgrading the firmware. If you insist... uninstall the ss hack and the jailbreak with the uninstall programs that come with them.
Do a factory reset.
Update to latest firmware.
Install jailbreak/hacks.

I believe 2.5.8 is the latest for the second generation Kindle. That's not going to give you any new whistles and bells that 2.5.6 doesn't have. I'm still on 2.5.6 with all of the hacks installed successfully.

EDIT: ...and yes, don't post your entire serial number on public forums.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, hack, jailbreak, kindle, screensaver