Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Struggling with CLI

OK, I'm somewhat embarrassed , I am struggling to get the CLI working on my PC, specifically I wanted to convert mobi to oeb in order to correct some errors, I don't want to use BD as this requires a lot more effort to produce the final output. whenever I enter mobi2oeb I get a message that 'this command is not recognised'' Clearly I'm doing something wrong on a very basic level, I've tried the command from within command prompt as both user and admin in my own directory and within calibre with the same results, I have tried googling with no real success, can some kind soul point me towards an idiots guide?
Cheers
Paul

Last edited by Paulinafrica; 01-09-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
x2y commands haven't been part of calibre for quite some time. Each of the x2y command have bee combined into ebook-convert. See here for options. You can also use --help.

ebook-convert takes the form:

Code:
ebook-convert in.ext out.ext [options]
You will need to convert to EPUB and unzip it to get OEB output.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
x2y commands haven't been part of calibre for quite some time. Each of the x2y command have bee combined into ebook-convert. See here for options. You can also use --help.

ebook-convert takes the form:

Code:
ebook-convert in.ext out.ext [options]
You will need to convert to EPUB and unzip it to get OEB output.
OK, thanks, I suspect that I may have got hold of an old thread with this 'old info'. As I originally stated my aim is to correct any spelling and formatting errors and then convert back to mobi without too much aggravation, forgive my ignorance but is what I'm suggesting feasible?
Cheers
Paul
Old 01-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Covert your MOBI to EPUB. Then use Sigil to make your change. Then convert back to MOBI with calibre. Sigil has a support sub forum right here on MobileRead if you have trouble with it.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
Paulinafrica
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Covert your MOBI to EPUB. Then use Sigil to make your change. Then convert back to MOBI with calibre. Sigil has a support sub forum right here on MobileRead if you have trouble with it.
Thanks for your guidance and patience, please accept a little karma
Paul
Advert