Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 02:23 AM   #1
carlashmore
carlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it is

Device: kindle
How to create a Signature?

Please excuse my ignorance, but I've been trying to create a 'signature' here but just can;t figure it out. There seems to be an 'edit avatar', 'edit options' etc category but no edit signature as it says in the instructions. Can anyone help me out please?
x
Carl
carlashmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:05 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi, Carl.

You need to be a member for over a week and have at least 10 posts. The option will show in your User Control Panel when it becomes available to you.

Here is the link to our Author/Publisher guidelines.

Enjoy exploring our forums and just ask or PM if you have any questions.

Last edited by dreams; 11-12-2010 at 04:11 AM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 03:40 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Carl. As Dreams says, three more posts and you'll have the run of the club. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:54 AM   #4
carlashmore
carlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it iscarlashmore knows what time it is

Ah, I see. Thank you soooo much. I didn't read that bit of small print.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #5
carlashmore

I'm still confused. I've been here over a week and made 12 posts. Still, no 'edit signature'? Anyone any ideas?
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #6
SimonKewin
SimonKewin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Can't offer any help as I'm in the same position : over a week, over 10 posts and no sign of an Edit Signature option. Mysterious!
SimonKewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:19 AM   #7
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Have you tried logging out of the forums, then logging in again? I saw a suggestion in another thread that that might trigger the change, though I didn't see any clear indication if it worked in that particular case. Can't do any harm to try it, though.

- Donna
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
SimonKewin

Donna,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that but to no avail - still can't see an Edit Signature option. Ah well, I expect it will turn up eventually!
Old 11-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKewin View Post
Donna,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that but to no avail - still can't see an Edit Signature option. Ah well, I expect it will turn up eventually!
It will show up when it is available.

It may be 10 posts and about 10 days. I think carlashmore had her sig by the 9th day.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #10
SimonKewin

For information, it showed up! It took >7 days (ie 8 days) and 10 posts.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #11
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Whew!

I thought I was going crazy cause I couldn't find where to edit my sig.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:21 PM   #12
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Well, the whole purpose behind the time as member and post count things is to stop and/or deter spammers from using your forums as a place to peddle their garbage, or build up their page rank on Google and other search engines. I had that issue over at my old tech site for years. It's why I turned off signatures for anyone with less than 10 posts and had a rather aggressive spam filter as well. It sucks for the new members who are honest, but it sure beats the alternative.

Of course, if the search engines were smart, they'd start setting up honeypot forums all over the place, and any links that were posted in them would automatically get blacklisted on the search engines. That'd kill about 90% of the spammers dead in the water right away.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #13
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Thanks for the explanation, makes good sense. I've been lurking for a while and the 100 in 2011 sounded like fun, so I decided to get involved.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #14
Aurorawolf
Aurorawolf began at the beginning.

Smile Eureka!

Thanks for this thread. I've been wearing out my eyeballs looking for information about creating signatures. I'm still so new here, I might yell for help sometimes.

Bonnie
Aurorawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #15
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Hey, yell all you need to. We'll be glad to help.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote