Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #16
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
well it says they can be read on most any device with a browser
Quote:
as well as on supported partner devices (to be announced during our public launch).
Doesnt that mean that a download on "partner" devices for reading off line?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #17
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
....It will likely come along quickly, but at this point seems to be grabbing the lowest fruit, and doing little to turn them into wonderful apple pies.
Dingleberry pie at this point, IMHO! Let's hope they are not talking about cloud computing. Cloud computing is the biggest dingleberry of them all.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #18
Lirael
Moomin
Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lirael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
I dunno...I downloaded an epub book (The Wanderer by Fanny Burney) from Google and loaded it on my reader and it's a mess. The formatting is borked and there's loads of OCR errors, to the point that it is unreadable in places. Fortunately I found a clean version of the book on Munsey's. But I wonder if the "paid" books will be like that? If so, there will be some disappointed consumers, I think.
That's one of my concerns with this, also. Every Google book I've downloaded has been loaded with errors (I once got one that had about three straight pages of symbols - (@*$#{?>: and so on - instead of content) and while that doesn't bother me in a free product, if I paid for it and it still had those kinds of errors, I'd be really annoyed.
Lirael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
editions, google