Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 07:02 PM   #181
barbed2
barbed2 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wireless, mini, aura-hd
good day all!

Would anybody have an image for a Kobo Wireless N647B? I've tried an image for the N647, to no avail, it won't even boot. :-(

Thanks in advance folks!

David
Old 09-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #182
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbed2 View Post
Would anybody have an image for a Kobo Wireless N647B? I've tried an image for the N647, to no avail, it won't even boot. :-(
Sorry, I don't know. I have one image supplied to me by someone with a Kobo WiFi. I know there are two different models, but, I don't know which it came from. In fact, I don't know if there is a way to differentiate between them without opening the device. If you want to try the image I have, I can send you a link to it.
Advert
Old 09-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #183
daruhbe
daruhbe began at the beginning.

Device: kobo n647b
My kobo n647b can't load to main menu. It gets stuck on kobo read on and none of the buttons are working. Tried reseting with paper clip but still the same problem. Could I get a link to the SD image also,please.

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:06 PM   #184
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #185
Faron
Faron began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi (n647)
I need sd card image for kobo n647 device. Please link to me.

Thanks!
Advert
Old 10-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #186
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 10-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #187
vadimmtl
vadimmtl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B
I have the N647B and it won't load properly, just has the seven squares loading at the bottom. Could you send me the link please?

Thank You!
Old 10-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #188
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 10-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #189
twrl
twrl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi N647B
Could I get the N647B image too please?
Old 10-30-2014, 06:57 PM   #190
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent
Old 11-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #191
lopta
lopta began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
I miss my Kobo WiFi and would love to get it working again.

davidfor: The image you've very patiently been sending to people, is that something I would write to an SD card and then somehow boot from that, or is it an image to write to the microSD card that I gather is buried inside the Kobo? Either way, mine is an N289 and I'd appreciate an image if you have one available.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #192
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

It's an image that has to be written to the internal card. You need to open the device and pull the card out to restore the image.

I have sent you a PM with the link to try.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:29 PM   #193
lopta
lopta began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
davidfor: I plucked up the courage to take mine apart and wrote the image to its microSD card. While it was in pieces I noticed that mine has the MX357 SOC. I'm really happy to have my Kobo working again. Thank you!

Last edited by lopta; 11-02-2014 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Success!
Old 11-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #194
gonzo98
gonzo98 began at the beginning.

Device: n647b
Has anyone got the 'other' kobo wifi image? Unfortunately the one that Davidfor sent me doesn't boot on my device. Any help appreciated. Thanks. Mine is the n647b
Old 11-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #195
9pb9
9pb9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 and Kobo Wireless
May I get a copy of the SD card image as well please? Are there instructions anywhere for folks with working readers to backup/copy their images?

(edit) Well, answering my own question about instructions, I did find this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212474
It's a bit beyond my capabilities I think.

Last edited by 9pb9; 11-08-2014 at 05:11 PM. Reason: to add additional information
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi