Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #91
reyluree
reyluree began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblair210 View Post
Curious how you got up to 6 icons across.. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere (maybe an app?) but I'm not familiar with where.
I am using the Zeam Launcher. There is a workspace setting for up to 8 columns and rows.
reyluree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:42 PM   #92
kblair210
Enthusiast
kblair210 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
That might just be worth switching from ADW for..
kblair210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:19 PM   #93
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kblair210 View Post
That might just be worth switching from ADW for..
ADW gives you that option too, up to 8 columns. ADW EX gives you up to 10 columns.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #94
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
I've been meaning to post some screenshots, but I keep changing everything. Started out using ADW launcher, then changed to Zeam. Discovered the icons are larger in Zeam and you can put more apps on that bar on the bottom in Zeam than ADW (but can't for the life of me remember what it's called).

Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20110220_1.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	67020 Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20110220_4.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	67021

Name:	snap20110220_2.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	67022 Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20110220_3.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	67023

Last edited by NoName; 02-20-2011 at 07:26 PM.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #95
Gdzhlpr
Connoisseur
Gdzhlpr began at the beginning.

Can anyone tell me if its possibe to have a different wallpaper for each screen.

Second off topic question. I need to INCREASE font size without caps. System font is too small.

Third q. Of topic,, also looking for ap which will use short typing. Ie u is replaces with you. I have blackberry and pc set up and if i send a quick email on n.o.o.k i look like one of my kids.

Last offtopic question. Sms on rooted n.o.o.k?
Gdzhlpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #96
Carriebear
Polar Bear
Carriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchforkCarriebear can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Nook Color (rooted), iPod Touch (jailbroken)
Gdzhlpr: I can only answer your first question, so I hope that's all right. With an app called Multipicture Live Wallpaper you can have different wallpapers for each screen, assuming your Nook is rooted and you're using a launcher like ADW, LauncherPro, or Zeam. I don't think you can have different wallpapers for a Nook that hasn't been rooted.
Carriebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #97
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdzhlpr View Post
Last offtopic question. Sms on rooted n.o.o.k?
There's an app called Textplus and I think something like Poptext that you can text with wifi connected.

Do a search in the market. I'm not sure how well they work since I use my phone for texting, but a friend was trying those out because she had very limited texts on her phone service.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #98
Gdzhlpr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriebear View Post
Gdzhlpr: I can only answer your first question, so I hope that's all right. With an app called Multipicture Live Wallpaper you can have different wallpapers for each screen, assuming your Nook is rooted and you're using a launcher like ADW, LauncherPro, or Zeam. I don't think you can have different wallpapers for a Nook that hasn't been rooted.
Thanks, I'm using Go Launcher on my Nook (rooted) the previous post came from the nook. I found an app so I can lock individual programs, I had a client ask to see my nook at lunch and of course the (MAN) had to click on the pretty pink icon. (now it's locked)

This got me thinking I created multiple home screens I have one for my grandaghter's with appropriate games and my quick stuff is a couple of screens away. It would be awesome if I could lock one whole screen rather than individual apps. oh well the reason for the different wallpaper's is so my grandaughters will know and so will I that they are on the appropriate screen.

I downloaded ADW this morning but it just doesnt have some of the capabilities I have come to enjoy and for some reason the swipe up and down did not work (swipe down is set to dim). I decided I didnt want to spend my Sunday troubleshooting a free app when what I have is working. And when I open the app drawer in GoLauncher I get three buttons on the top to choose from:
All
Recent
Running

the home icons on the bottom also do not switch during landscape mode they are on the side

UPDATE: Great App concept however it does not work with the current version of GoLauncher

Last edited by Gdzhlpr; 03-06-2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #99
Gdzhlpr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
There's an app called Textplus and I think something like Poptext that you can text with wifi connected.

Do a search in the market. I'm not sure how well they work since I use my phone for texting, but a friend was trying those out because she had very limited texts on her phone service.
Thanks, I'll check them out. I also use my phone but it would be nice if I didnt have to reach for it on the weekends when I'm reading to send a quick message Bkfast at Nana's House!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #100
forchristmas
forchristmas began at the beginning.

Device: rooted nook color
Question setting up desktop

Hi, My questions to anyone is can you distill down for me how to get around the problem of widgets not fitting on the desktop (i.e. it looks like there is room, but it says there is not when I try to put more stuff on the desktop). I am running a rooted nookcolor with zeam launcher. thanks for any help you can provide!!! David
forchristmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #101
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by forchristmas View Post
Hi, My questions to anyone is can you distill down for me how to get around the problem of widgets not fitting on the desktop (i.e. it looks like there is room, but it says there is not when I try to put more stuff on the desktop). I am running a rooted nookcolor with zeam launcher. thanks for any help you can provide!!! David
You have to change the settings for Zeam launcher, to be more specific, the number of columns and rows for the desktop and app drawer. The default assumes a phone sized screen, so it uses 4x4 I believe. On the nookColor you can bump it to 8x8.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #102
forchristmas

Smile desktop issue solved

Thanks avf011, that was an easy fix.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #103
forchristmas

how do i put the google search bar on rooted nookcolor desktop? thanks!

How do i put google search bar on rooted nookcolor desktop? Thanks!!!
Old 07-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #104
forchristmas

desktop screenshot

Well, here it is, chaotic but just about everything I wanted is there (except for the google search bar, which I can't figure out yet).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	11-07-09-6.png
Views:	303
Size:	564.5 KB
ID:	74075