Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon for $2.99

Saw this on Sony, others might want to check and see if the price is the same elsewhere. The seventh book in this series just got released.
http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/dia...ding_Romance_1
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Thanks for this, I have a girlfriend I've been trying to turn onto the series. I'll e:mail her.
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

I'm trying to figure out if I want to try them or not myself..
Old 09-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I'm trying to figure out if I want to try them or not myself..
I really like them, I've read the first three. They're a blend of bodice rippers, time travel as well as some historical fiction. Check it out for $3.00
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOECHICK View Post
I really like them, I've read the first three. They're a blend of bodice rippers, time travel as well as some historical fiction. Check it out for $3.00
I think I might. Decent enough price.
Advert
Old 09-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #6
crsheilah
Connoisseur
crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.crsheilah can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Velocity Cruz T103
$3 is a great price. Be aware though, you WILL definitely want the rest of the series. I'm on book 3 of the series right now.
crsheilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I read Outlander on the recommendation of a now ex-GF. All I can say is it was not good. The premise is silly. The characters not very real. And the book was overly long.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #8
BookLoverToo
Enthusiast
BookLoverToo doesn't litterBookLoverToo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I read Outlander on the recommendation of a now ex-GF. All I can say is it was not good. The premise is silly. The characters not very real. And the book was overly long.
I wouldn't dream of recommending these to my husband, but I happen to love this series. Maybe it's a gender thing? Are there any male fans of this series out there? If so, what is it that you like/dislike about the series?

One of the key draws for me is seeing how a female physician handles medicine 100+ years ago. I find it fascinating.
BookLoverToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:46 AM   #9
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
Greetings,
FYI - This is now only $2.39 for the Kindle version at amazon. It's now back down to the same price I paid for it nearly a year ago (they lowered the price a couple weeks ago because they just released the latest installment in the series and wanna hook in some more fans!)

I actually haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I'm not into the romance genre at all, but I bought the first three books in the series for my Kindle last November cuz I love time travel stories. And, at that time, I was able to buy all 3 books for less than $10 total and figured it was well worth giving the story a go at that price. *sigh* I sure miss the old super low Kindle book prices.

Cheers,
Xia
Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:35 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I loved the series. I just wish I could buy them in ebook form, as the books I have in my bookcase are very heavy! I do have 4 or 5 of the series...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #11
*Angie*
Bookish
*Angie* doesn't litter*Angie* doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Sony PRS-300
I adore the Outlander series. Wish I'd known the price on Outlander was going to drop so much before I bought the whole ebook series. My paperback copies are falling apart from repeated readings, I figured at least the ebooks will last longer!
*Angie* is offline   Reply With Quote