Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
stevenharper
Connoisseur
stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
TRICKSTER by Steven Harper

I'm happy to announce that the third Silent Empire novel TRICKSTER (originally published by Penguin/Putnam) is now available for the Kindle. Price: $1.79. MobiPocket is coming soon--I'll announce it here when it does!

From the back cover:

The Dream has been shattered, and the majority of the Silent who telepathically communicated through it have been cast out by the event known as the Despair, unable to reenter. Now the remaining Silent still capable of linking to the Dream have become a valuable commodity to those in power seeking to keep the lines of galactic communication open…

In the midst of the Despair, Father Kendi Weaver and the crew of the Poltergeist have a limited window of opportunity to find the loved ones they have lost--including Kendi's parents and siblings, who were sold into slavery more than fifteen years ago.

But just as Kendi closes in on the whereabouts of his brother and sister, they are taken by a mysterious group intent on using them for their own secret agenda…

"Intelligent entertainment." --Booklist

Although TRICKSTER stands alone, you might also want to pick up DREAMER and NIGHTMARE, the first two books in the series.

--Steven Harper Piziks
stevenharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Nice and congratulations. Unfortunately, being available in Kindle format does nothing for those of us who do not own Kindles and/or do not buy from Amazon. Do you plan to make the books available as, for example, a Fictionwise Multiformat offering?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #3
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin;
Nice and congratulations. Unfortunately, being available in Kindle format does nothing for those of us who do not own Kindles and/or do not buy from Amazon. Do you plan to make the books available as, for example, a Fictionwise Multiformat offering?
I'll second that!! - Sony owner

Smashwords seems also to be a good alternative to reach the vast number of non Kindle owners (usual disclaimers)
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Rogier
Rogier began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 & Iliad Bookworm
*Waiting for the Mobipocket version*
Rogier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
Smashwords seems also to be a good alternative to reach the vast number of non Kindle owners (usual disclaimers)
For SF/F novels, Baen/Webscriptions is the best alternative to cover all reader types, *including* the Kindle.

I read Trickster in a single day; 29 September 2009. I had finished reading Dreamer a couple of days before and had just finished reading Nightmare that same day. Needless to say I was eager to plunge right back into this place. I have a paperback copy of Offspring sitting in my TBR stack and I will be sending it along to a friend in The Netherlands when I finish with it. If it becomes available as an eBook -- and I do have a Kindle -- very soon, I'll buy it right away and go ahead and mail the paperback to my friend.

Last edited by Elsi; 07-16-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
I just love authors coming in here and offering their work. Bravo and congrats. Unfortunately, I too must join in the chorus that sooooo many will not be able to participate when offering it only on Amazon, which many of us do not own nor have any desire to ever own.

Sony owner here. Waiting for broader offering. But thanks nonetheless.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #7
stevenharper
Connoisseur
stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevenharper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MobiPocket is coming soon! I have DREAMER and NIGHTMARE file conversions all set. The place I'm hosting them is running into a small problem, though. Soon as that's ironed out, we'll be off and running with it. (I wish I had a staff. )
Old 08-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Steven ... I just wanted to post an update to say that I'm only 27 pages into Offspring, but I'm already totally engrossed. Why don't your recruit someone from here to take over the format conversions so you can plunge yourself into writing more about the Dream? (I'm not selfish, no, not at all! )
Old 08-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #9
stevenharper
Connoisseur

Thanks, Elsi. OFFSPRING is being copyedited before conversion as we speak (by someone else--copyediting my own work is a baaaaad idea), so it'll be there soon, I hope.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #10
Elsi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenharper View Post
Thanks, Elsi. OFFSPRING is being copyedited before conversion as we speak (by someone else--copyediting my own work is a baaaaad idea), so it'll be there soon, I hope.
I finished reading Offspring and I want more. Yes, you got to the point of "all's well that ends well" and you *could* go away and never visit the Silent Empire again, but I hope you don't. I want to see how this next generation comes along, and I still have questions ....
Old 08-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #11
stevenharper
Connoisseur

If Roc had wanted another Silent Empire book, I'd been planning to jump ahead a few years to when the babies Ara and Evan entered their teen years. I also wrote a synopsis for what happened back when humans and Ched-Balaar first encountered each other on Bellerophon, and what in the world went on between Irfan Qasad and Daniel Vik, but my editor said she really wanted another book about Kendi, so I wrote OFFSPRING.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #12
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
For those who have read Trickster... should I read the books in order or would it be fine reading trickster first and then the others if I like it
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #13
Elsi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenharper View Post
If Roc had wanted another Silent Empire book, I'd been planning to jump ahead a few years to when the babies Ara and Evan entered their teen years. I also wrote a synopsis for what happened back when humans and Ched-Balaar first encountered each other on Bellerophon, and what in the world went on between Irfan Qasad and Daniel Vik, but my editor said she really wanted another book about Kendi, so I wrote OFFSPRING.
Offspring worked. I would, however, love to read both of those other stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
For those who have read Trickster... should I read the books in order or would it be fine reading trickster first and then the others if I like it
Well, I read them in publication order. The second book, Nightmare is the back-story of Kendi Weaver. If you chose to read them out of order, you could read them in order by Kendi's age -- Nightmare, Dreamers, Trickster, and then Offspring. Trickster *might* work for you without reading the earlier books, but I don't know that I'd recommend it.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #14
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
If you can make this available in .lit, epub or fb2 I'd buy it Although reading it will have to wait until I've finished a few more books in the Honour Harrington series.

Just noticed this is the third book, are either of the first two available in the above formats?

Last edited by JoeD; 08-09-2009 at 12:45 PM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Do you plan to make the books available as, for example, a Fictionwise Multiformat offering?
Unfortunately Fictionwise will only let you publish multi-format through them if you can provide 25 or more titles by at least five different established, professional authors.

Smashwords would be a good option though or maybe Bookview Cafe. Definitely would be good to see in epub or something so everyone has a chance to enjoy.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 08-14-2009 at 08:51 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote