Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Peridot
Peridot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Help! Can't get to library Screen

Hi all,

My mum has a cybook gen 3 which she has only had for a couple of weeks. She left it for a bit today and it turned itself off. She went to turn it back on again and she gets the first screen fine. Gets the second screen fine ( the one where it looks like it is loading up the library) but it keeps flickering after that. It is still turns the loading page over and over. We have reset it quite a few times but this continues to happen. We have even plugged it in to charge it thinking it is freezing cos it is low on battery but still no luck. Any ideas?

Many thanks!
Peridot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
Let it fully charge then try again. Good luck
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
Sharone
Enthusiast
Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle (3) Keyboard
I've had the same problem a few times, caused by the power button getting stuck in the "pressed" position... not sure if it is the same as yours tho
Sharone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
Hi all,

My mum has a cybook gen 3 which she has only had for a couple of weeks. She left it for a bit today and it turned itself off. She went to turn it back on again and she gets the first screen fine. Gets the second screen fine ( the one where it looks like it is loading up the library) but it keeps flickering after that. It is still turns the loading page over and over. We have reset it quite a few times but this continues to happen. We have even plugged it in to charge it thinking it is freezing cos it is low on battery but still no luck. Any ideas?

Many thanks!
try the the reset button on the back.
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
David 109
David 109 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Cybook Gen3
Talking

My Cybook just arrived today.

Charged it for what felt an age, loaded the previously bought mobipocket books, and went off to do other things.

Came back and turned it on. Oh dear, it jammed, and would not turn off or go beyond page 1. I presume impatience was the cause in my case and it went stubborn on me to teach me manners.

So I tried Julia's reset button idea and we're back in business.

Thanks, Julia.
David 109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert