Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-15-2015, 03:51 PM   #1
bmagnet
bmagnet began at the beginning.

Device: none
Downloading Sigil and documentation

Where are the "recent" versions of Sigil and its documentation located? I found Sigil through version 0.7.4 at code.google.com, and I found REFERENCES to "git" -- but none of the links actually worked. The links at sigil-ebook.com also don't work. The links in the "Downloading Sigil" thread ALSO point to nonexistent files. So WHERE should I be looking?

Thank you in advance :-)
bmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:00 PM   #2
gipsy
Connoisseur
gipsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil/releases
gipsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The links to the various releases on sigil-ebook.com work quite well for me.

code.google.com is the old home of Sigil of Sigil's source code and binary downloads. Its new home is on github.

The homepage for the Sigil repository on github is https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil

Near the top of that page you'll see four links (3,239 commits, 5 branches, 22 releases, and 16 contributors). The "releases" link will take you to where the various releases can be downloaded (but I honestly can't imagine why the links from the Sigil-ebook.com blog aren't working for you).

A direct link to the "Releases" page on github is https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil/releases

Thanks for telling us that the links in the "Downloading Sigil" thread were broken. They weren't updated after user_none changed the repository into being "owned" by an organization and turned over the reins. Those links should be fixed now.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-15-2015 at 07:26 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:31 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Another link you might want to get changed is the hyperlinked Sigil in the forum description seen on the main forum page.

Quote:
Sigil is an open-source WYSIWYG ebook editor designed to edit books in ePub format. Cross-platform (Linux, Windows and OS X)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:39 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,
Yes please. My moderation abilities don't seem to work on the main Sigil thread in the main forum. The word Sigil in the text still seems to point at code.google.com instead of
https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil

So would some higher power please fix it.

Thanks,

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 09-15-2015 at 08:44 PM.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2015, 07:30 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have no idea what my new green superpowers allow me to do, but I'll check into it!
Old 09-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I did take the liberty of reporting the post to the moderators..
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

The link in the forum description has been updated.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:58 PM   #9
bmagnet
bmagnet began at the beginning.

Device: none
I found my problem :-)

First, I want to THANK everyone that replied to my question.

I was running a Win7 computer which suddenly died. So I switched to my old XP machine which was running IE 8. When I attempted to open the Sigil pages, I saw the "standard" error message from IE for a "page not found".

All your comments suggested that I was looking at the correct pages.

As a test, I switched to a VISTA machine which was running IE 9, and I was able to see all the pages that were "not found" when using IE 8. I also saw a banner which said that IE 9 would not been supported very much longer.

It never occurred to me that the "https" webpage would NOT accept a connection from IE 8.

Thank you again for ALL you help :-)

bmagnet
bmagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:15 PM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Suggestion: if you're on WinXP, install Firefox or Google Chrome.
Heck, do that anyway, even if you're on a newer Windows.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 06:59 PM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I have no idea what my new green superpowers allow me to do, but I'll check into it!
Ooooh, Diap...you're GREEN!!!!

I'm so envious. Of course...I don't have the temperament for moderation. Or so my spousal unit tells me.

Hitch
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:34 AM   #12
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Suggestion: if you're on WinXP, install Firefox or Google Chrome.
Heck, do that anyway, even if you're on a newer Windows.
I found myself giving that advice so often on the Kindle forums that I wrote a macro for it....
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:02 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
I found myself giving that advice so often on the Kindle forums that I wrote a macro for it....
I did not even realize Internet Explorer was broken on XP

I have been using Firefox since the low single digits (revisions).

The only time I must fire up IE, is when I took some pre-(contractor) employment training courses from the VA (US government).
I also had to downgrade( 1 major with 8 patches) my Java just to run the Testing App
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:52 AM   #14
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I did not even realize Internet Explorer was broken on XP
Well technically, it's not broken. I works fine. It's just the internet (websites and servers) that broke later on.

Tags
dowloading, sigil