Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
A problem with images inside tables

Hi friends:

In Kindle, when I want to force it to show text in one page, I use the technique I described here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...36&postcount=4

Of course, since is not possible to use this kind of trick in ADE, so I thought to use instead of display-table, display-row, etc., properties, to employ a "real table" for that purpose. But I found a problem, I can't include a image that resize itself. I want to use a .png/.jpg image inside a svg wrapper; that svg container must be in a cell of my table; that cell must be a 10% of the height of the screen (so, that height varies when the device is in portraid or lanscape mode). I don't know how to do in order that that image displays properly. When I work with only text, to use a <table> seems to be a solution for ADE but when I add a image... the problems appear.

Below I attach an ePub with what I want to do. Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Rubén

PS: Sigil doesn't show the image at all.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Title Page based on a table.epub (14.5 KB, 209 views)

Last edited by RbnJrg; 10-28-2013 at 09:12 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Would it be possible to just build the Title page entirely in SVG?

I was doing some messing around with exporting an SVG title page right from Inkscape... The pure text version worked fine, but adding the image brought in some odditities (this will require more testing to try to come up with a step-by-step process).

I also stumbled upon this topic from pdurrant:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55563

Might be able to use that code as a very good base to build from.

I plopped your PNG image into pdurrant's code, tweaked a few of the numbers to get it centered, and it showed up fine in Sigil... BUT, when I tested on my Nook (also ADE), all I have is a blank space where the image should be.

Edit: I was able to get your image to show up using the Inkscape method (it embedded the image as Base64 I believe). The Inkscape method was able to show the image in ADE fine, but on my Nook, the placement of the image was completely wrong.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 10-28-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2002ans View Post

Would it be possible to just build the Title page entirely in SVG?
Yes, it would be possible but in that case, the text couldn't be increased/decreased. It would be like to use another type of image for the title page but in this case, wouldn't have lose of quality.

Quote:

I was doing some messing around with exporting an SVG title page right from Inkscape... The pure text version worked fine, but adding the image brought in some odditities (this will require more testing to try to come up with a step-by-step process).
Yes, only text seems to work fine; the problems appear when we add an image.

Quote:

I also stumbled upon this topic from pdurrant:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55563

Might be able to use that code as a very good base to build from.

I plopped your PNG image into pdurrant's code, tweaked a few of the numbers to get it centered, and it showed up fine in Sigil... BUT, when I tested on my Nook (also ADE), all I have is a blank space there.
It could have a solution if we use the image (any image, .svg, .jpg, .png, etc.) as a background of the cell by means of the properties:

Code:
background: url("../Images/any_image.png") center center no-repeat;
background-size: contain;
This works fantastic in Sigil... but not in ADE And I want to find something that works in ADE.

Thanks for answering Tex.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote