Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: November 2011 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
This Perfect Day by Ira Levin 6 8.45%
Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi 6 8.45%
Heaven by Jack Cohen and Ian Stewart 3 4.23%
Hyperion by Dan Simmons 11 15.49%
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley 6 8.45%
Dune by Frank Herbert 6 8.45%
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick 9 12.68%
Enders Game by Orson Scott Card 8 11.27%
A Canticle For Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller 12 16.90%
Halting State by Charles Stross 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #46
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Nice new forum; thanks! It's great to have all the threads in one place. Great job moderation team!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you and then eat you.

BOb

Settle down there, Hannibal.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #47
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Nice new forum; thanks! It's great to have all the threads in one place. Great job moderation team!

Settle down there, Hannibal.
What? He's a bird!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #48
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks for the new forum!

This will encourage me to read the selections of past months.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:42 AM   #49
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yay for the new forum!

caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:06 PM   #50
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
@ dreams —

I know it's forbidden to discuss what goes on in the Moderation forum, but I think a special note of thanks is appropriate here for the way you in particular continued to push for a decision on the New Reading Forums. There was input and help with the mechanics of the implication from all the moderators, but your staying on top of it all helped more than anything.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 01:28 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you and then eat you.

BOb
Go ahead and try. You would find yourself dying in a most painful way with the most upset tummy ever.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

41 hidden votes so far. Very nice.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #53
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Go ahead and try. You would find yourself dying in a most painful way with the most upset tummy ever.
Guess I'll just settle with your death then. That'd make me happy.

BOb

Oh.. I can't believe that book is in the lead and how close it is.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:52 PM   #54
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Guess I'll just settle with your death then. That'd make me happy.

BOb

Oh.. I can't believe that book is in the lead and how close it is.
That's not nice Bob! Neither is threatening Jon.

Last edited by Nyssa; 10-22-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Added smiley to claify joking
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #55
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
That's not nice Bob! Neither is threatening Jon.
"I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you..."

...if anyone thought that was anything other than a joke they need to get out more.

BOb
Old 10-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #56
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
"I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you..."

...if anyone thought that was anything other than a joke they need to get out more.

BOb
I thought my response showed that I got the joke....I guess I must add smileys.

I was saying that you're mentioning the count wasn't nice, and then the threat to Jon was an aside.

Oh well, when you have to explain it it isn't funny anymore.

Last edited by Nyssa; 10-22-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:25 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I thought my response showed that I go the joke....I guess I must add smileys.
No smileys please. More monkey butts though.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #58
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Not voting for Ender's Game or Dune, because I've read them both twice. I wouldn't mind re-reading Brave New World, because it's as relevant today as it ever was. My vote, though, goes to an un-read book.

I can't decide. Fuzzy Nation, Perfect Day, or Hyperion. Or Canticle. How to choose, how to choose...

Last edited by Kevin8or; 10-22-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #59
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8or View Post
Not voting for Ender's Game or Dune, because I've read them both twice. I wouldn't mind re-reading Brave New World, because it's as relevant today as it ever was. My vote, though, goes to an un-read book.

I can't decide. Fuzzy Nation, Perfect Day, or Hyperion. Or Canticle. How to choose, how to choose...
I'll PM you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #60
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I think A Canticle For Leibowitz and Fuzzy Nation offer good discussion value for the group. That's a criterion I hadn't considered. They appear to explore themes relevant to current events.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote