Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #31
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I wonder if the email went to Sony Canada accounts first. Has anyone in the US received it?
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #32
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I haven't gotten diddly-squat. What's doodley-squat?

My Gal Is Red Hot [Lyrics]

Ronnie Hawkins

My gal is red hot - your gal aint doodley squat!
Yeah! My gal is red hot - your gal aint doodley squat
Well she aint got money, but man she's really got a lot.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-27-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:36 PM   #33
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

My Gal Is Red Hot [Lyrics]

Ronnie Hawkins

My gal is red hot - your gal aint doodley squat!
Yeah! My gal is red hot - your gal aint doodley squat
Well she aint got money, but man she's really got a lot.

I just Googled him and I guess I don't know about him because he is old!! That song is from 1958. I wasn't born yet.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:47 PM   #34
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I wonder if the email went to Sony Canada accounts first. Has anyone in the US received it?
I still haven't received it. Maybe they are staggering the emails so they won't get too many people trying to transfer all at the same time.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #35
Sara95
Sara95 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
More concerning to me is my credit which generated this message --

Sorry, but we couldn’t transfer your Reader Store credit to Kobo.
Please contact Kobo Customer Care at 1-855-732-3662 and quote this reference number.

I called and was assured it's just a glitch they're working on, but we'll see. At least it is all from when Target had that amazing sale on Sony ebookstore gift cards -- I bought $200 worth.
About 25% of my books didn't transfer, but I have back-ups. It's the $86 credit that didn't transfer that I am more concerned about. I didn't even get a message that the credits didn't transfer like you did.
Sara95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:43 PM   #36
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I still haven't received it. Maybe they are staggering the emails so they won't get too many people trying to transfer all at the same time.
I just received my email a few minutes ago so yes, they seem to be staggering them.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #37
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Only 14 of my titles were not moved to my Kobo Library. Some are for sale at Kobo, but when I purchased them they were from a big publisher and the rights have since reverted to the author and self-pubbed versions with different covers are now available.

Unlike the Borders transfer, these books do not show on the Purchased tab, only the I'm Reading tab. And no dates. There were a few books I had originally purchased at Kobo and then repurchased at Sony because of formatting issues (during the days that all sales were final and Kobo would not issue refunds). These titles seem to have disappared from my Purchased Kobo library and are only in the I'm Reading tab with no purchase date. I downloaded one and it has the "good" formatting so yay.

Two of my transfers show in the library, but with no download links.

One book is one I originally purchased at Kobo then repurchased at Sony. The summary page said it transferred but the book is no longer showing in my library under either tab. So I will be contacting Kobo about it.*

But all-in-all a very smooth transfer.

* ETA: Customer Service readded the book to my account from my purchase history. And they will be sending me an email with links to download the two books which show with no download links. I told him I already had the books downloaded from Sony, but whatever.

Last edited by library addict; 03-27-2014 at 07:43 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #38
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I am in the U.S. and I was very happy to see my transfer email when I got home from work. The transfer was done with a snap of the fingers. It was so smooth that I think they had everything set up for awhile or maybe already transferred and just needed confirmation from the customer.

I had 616 eBooks at Sony and 532 transferred. I haven't checked for download links yet or reviewed what eBooks didn't transfer. They very nicely included a list of those that didn't transfer. I will compare when I have more time. But I opened Kobo PC app and immediately added those that transferred.

I also had $120 and some change in gift card credit at the Sony store which I am so glad was also transferred. I will be doing some major eBook shopping soon. (I didn't spend it at Sony 'cos I only purchased there when the deal was good - and there have not been many good deals for awhile.)
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:07 PM   #39
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Still no email for me too.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #40
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Still no email for me too.
Me neither - I'm getting jealous! The order must not be regional because one of the posters who's already received it is in a neighboring state to mine. Maybe it's alphabetical by name, or done by account number, or email address, or some random thing.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:40 AM   #41
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Nothing here either. I don't mind the wait yet, as I have kept and freed all my books. I am much more impatient for the reader firmware update, though, I want to see how accessing the Kobo store from my PRS T1 is gonna go...
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:13 AM   #42
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
No email over here yet, but I have discovered one thing that I think may be a side-effect of the Sony/Kobo deal:

The Kobo store is now carrying the Baen Books catalog.

Sony had been carrying the line, but Kobo had not - and now Kobo's got them. They're promo-eligible, too.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #43
4691mls
Wizard

Still nothing here.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #44
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
No email over here yet, but I have discovered one thing that I think may be a side-effect of the Sony/Kobo deal:

The Kobo store is now carrying the Baen Books catalog.

Sony had been carrying the line, but Kobo had not - and now Kobo's got them. They're promo-eligible, too.
Ooh this is fabulous! More to buy with coupons...
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:47 AM   #45
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

Transferred mine and saw that only one of my books did not transfer (Patrick Rothfuss "A Wise Man's Fear") because they claim it is not in the Kobo store. So I searched Kobo and sure enough that book does exist and is available. So that makes no sense. I went back to the transfer page and hit the support link for books that did not transfer and get a missing page.

Now how do I go about moving the ebook that they messed up on?

Ideas?

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote