Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, laptop, desktop, phone (HTC, HTC, Asus, Asus, LG rah!)
Defenestrated.

Definitely. Tossed out on my ear. Deafen it, lee.

Cast adrift in the sea of ascii, floating this way and that, no wind, no sail, No Soap, RADIO!

It could be worse, it could be decaffeinated...

Alright pshrync, here I am. Alone and defenseless. Fenestrationless. Take your best shot.

No hitting hard, don't touch my face (NOT THE FACE), and don't tell if I cry.

Oh wait, Dutch Courage... give me a ZCD and everything'll be OK.

While I'm waiting for my second, I'll start building a bar. It'll be hard, we set the bar high around here, but we've got those really tall swivel chairs, and a wide brass rail.
mvisconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Please.........all he's going to do is tell you "pay the laddie at the door"

Especially when he sees how you misspelled his name.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Glad to see you stepped out of that one (OK, two) threads that you'ld limited yourself to; your posts are just too....errrm...surreal...to be denied to everybody on here.

I like the idea of the bar, but I'm quite short so I may have problems with those tall bar stools - mind if I stand?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng
mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mvisconte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ARGH! I left the last thread without my wallet! I foresee disaster here.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
next seek out an avatar or surely one will be assigned you. you won't like that I think
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
next seek out an avatar or surely one will be assigned you. you won't like that I think
Yeah......look what they did to ME!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Welcome outside mvisconte. Why build a bar? Adrian's is just around the corner where there are lots of interesting characters. Why, just this morning, LazyScot had up and down arguing with each other. I think you'll fit right in.

Although you may have to defenestrate from the Llounge to find his diary, I recommend it as a good read.

I'm sure Zelda, Pshrynk and Marc and Adrian and everyone else will be along to give you some more Dutch courage.

Would you like another?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I like the idea of the bar, but I'm quite short so I may have problems with those tall bar stools - mind if I stand?
I don't mind. I'm standing on mine, but I did put the parking brake on. I built stairs up the side. I was going to put in a ramp, to help get groceries up, but there's that whole zoning thing. In the end, we just air-lifted in enough supplies for the weekend, but by the time I make it to the top, it'll be Monday. Maybe I should call for backup...

The pool is a nice touch, but the ledge is slippery. Maybe I shouldn't have specified the sub-zero chillers in the marble bar top. If somebody slips and falls onto the bar top below, they'll be stuck for a while. And with the hot tub being clothing optional... yee-ouch! (Note to sell: Stay on veranda, don't go near the edge of deck).

You know, I might have over-built. Maybe I'll tear it all down and just go with the regular stools. Still, that is some view. Hire the right bartender(er -resses) and there's quite the view. No chucking the tops off the beer trying for a wedgie!

Limes are OK, tho'. I checked w/ Yvonna, and she said it was better than her last chob.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #9
mvisconte
pHilosopher kIng

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
'struth, I wouldn't like that. As you like it, an Avatar. From "The Last Bender, in Which Our Hero Doth Persuade the Damsel Who Protest'th Too Much to 'Lighten Ye Opp, for I be'th Ye Cat's Me-OW!' ".

A comedy in two parts. The party of the first part being a party. The part of the second part, being "Ye Morning After", and "The Awkwardness at Taking Ye Leave".

I usually don't date outside my species, but that's what happens on a dronk. 'Sides, she's HOTT.

No, really. Lady Lissabeth Delmarko Plum Hott. Family name. You should see her mother. Rrowr!

No, Really. Her mom's a cat.

I think her dad's a smurf, but I was a little too busy to get all of de tails.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Just as well I packed my stepladder...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
stepladder : never leave home without one. so what are they serving at this party ? and who do you have to snog to get a drink ? good to see you, my man ! glad you've decided to branch out a bit. going with the defenstration directly off the bat is a bold move, but i'm confident you've got the moves to follow through. maybe a half-twist double pike nelson llama forward rotation, for instance. cheers ! just watch that first step on the way down, it's a doosey.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #12
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvisconte View Post
Definitely. Tossed out on my ear. Deafen it, lee.

Cast adrift in the sea of ascii, floating this way and that, no wind, no sail, No Soap, RADIO!

It could be worse, it could be decaffeinated...

Alright pshrync, here I am. Alone and defenseless. Fenestrationless. Take your best shot.
Huh? You got the Blue Screen of Death again? Have ye tried restarting yer computer?
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Huh? You got the Blue Screen of Death again? Have ye tried restarting yer computer?
Windowless is a great state to be in!

(and welcome back, btw, let me try and grab you a drink without toppling off the barstool...)
Old 12-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Windowless is a great state to be in!
Not if your vi skills are lacking... Or, for that matter, if you're not a fan of Pine or Lynx!

(for those wondering, they're ancient ways of connecting to the internet - not as ancient as some I've used, though... just run away and thank god for graphical user interfaces)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
(and welcome back, btw, let me try and grab you a drink without toppling off the barstool...)
Thanks! How about a ZCD with an extra strong double shot of uberespresso?
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #15
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Not if your vi skills are lacking... Or, for that matter, if you're not a fan of Pine or Lynx!

(for those wondering, they're ancient ways of connecting to the internet - not as ancient as some I've used, though... just run away and thank god for graphical user interfaces)
Ahhh... that brings back memories... where's the painkillers gone?

Quote:
Thanks! How about a ZCD with an extra strong double shot of uberespresso?

Just make sure you're sitting safely... here y'go

Tags
pshrync, zelda