Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The Voice: Special Edition

Paranormal Mystery/Thriller that has recently garnered some good reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Voice-ebook/dp/B004IAS0JG

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004IAS0JG

The book can be found in epub format here:
http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/the-voice/12661143

Last edited by Williamlk; 04-08-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You already posted this.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oops, sorry. I am still figuring this site out. Sorry about that
Old 08-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #5
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlk View Post
oops, sorry. I am still figuring this site out. Sorry about that

No problem, some get a little annoyed at spammie type posts .... Just join in and contribute that's all we ask .... !
Old 08-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi William and welcome to MR.

I've left this thread for your book promotion and combined the title. Please PM me if you would like any changes.

That said, we love to welcome authors to MR and look forward to getting to know you as you get to know us, in this thread and other areas of the forum. Please check our author guidelines, Welcome Authors & Publishers! (please read this first), at the top of the Self-Promotion forum or just click on it in my signature.

We are an international forum of many devices and appreciate and like to support authors / publishers who take that into account when publishing ebooks. Not all members have kindles or want to use an app to read on a computer or phone. Some members are unable to purchase from amazon. Publishing your ebook in the epub format at smashwords makes it available to be purchased without geographic restriction and to be read on most other devices.

Congratulations on the publication of your ebook.
Have fun exploring other areas of MR and just ask if you have any questions.

dreams
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #7
Williamlk
Guru

Smile Also available as e-book

Just wanted to post this for anyone who doesn't have a kindle. The book is also available here:

http://www.lulu.com/product/file-dow...-voice/4131565
http://www.iliadreader.co.uk/book.250715.htm

Last edited by Williamlk; 08-23-2010 at 02:28 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #8
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Hi Williamlk, welcome aboard!

The "e-book" choices you added are still Mobi files. Most ebook reading devices use ePub as the standard format.

Thanks for posting, and good luck!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #9
Williamlk
Guru

Smile Thank You!

Thank you for the welcome!
I guess I am little confused, my book is on a bunch of sites but I am not sure which ones are mobi and which ones are e-books.

I've also recieved a couple of good reviews in the past week, If it was someone from the forum, a big thank you!!! Glad you liked it!

Last edited by Williamlk; 08-22-2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #10
GeoffC

Quote:
Thank you for the welcome!
I guess I am little confused, my book is on a bunch of sites but I am not sure which ones are mobi and which ones are e-books.
If it's a mobi, it's an ebook ....
Old 08-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #11
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
ebooks can be many different files, besides the kindle link, you have yours in .mobi format. Many people are looking for epub format instead. I, for instance, have a sony reader, and epub is my preferred format. Most of the books I get in epub come from smashwords, and thatʻs definitely a valid place to put your book for others to get.

The story sounds interesting, I hope you have it available in more formats soon.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:48 PM   #12
Williamlk
Guru

Smile Thank You!

I'll have to do some more research into the epub format. I appreciate the input.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
Williamlk
Guru

Smile

I just stumbled upon this website and was thrilled to see my book was one of the recommendations! Obviously the site is going to get a good rating from me, LOL.

http://mqmall.com/http://mqmall.com/data/worth+reading/

Serously though, there are some pretty interesting books on the list, I am going to check a few of them myself.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #14
Williamlk
Guru

Smile ePub format!

Ok, this site says you can download the book in following formats;
Sony Reader, PC, Mac, IPhone, Opus ereader, Blackberry or Cooler ereader in ePub and PDF.

https://www.cyberread.com/TheVoice/William-LK/id70337/

I'd love to get some feedback. And, of course, any reviews are always nice to hear. Hope this site is more user friendly.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #15
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Ok, this site says you can download the book in following formats;
Sony Reader, PC, Mac, IPhone, Opus ereader, Blackberry or Cooler ereader in ePub and PDF.

https://www.cyberread.com/TheVoice/William-LK/id70337/

I'd love to get some feedback. And, of course, any reviews are always nice to hear. Hope this site is more user friendly.
William, I followed that link to your book. It is only offered for sale in mobipocket. Which states:
Quote:
Mobipocket formatted books can be read with the Mobipocket Desktop Reader. In spite of the fact that Amazon.com owns Mobipocket, if you buy a Mobipocket ebook file from our store, it's unlikely to work with your Kindle. You'll have to take that one up with Jeff Bezos. You'll know you bought a Mobipocket book when the file extension is ".prc"
This is not able to be read on my Sony and maybe not on many other devices either -including the Kindle, apparently (as stated above).

Here is some information from the smashwords site about publishing in other formats.

How to Publish on Smashwords!

Smashwords Style Guide
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, science fiction, science fiction book, the voice, william l.k.