Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
hackettt
Enthusiast
hackettt is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505
Mac and Python

As a newbie, is there a tutorial available for Mac users and Python scripts? Most everything I see concerning DRM is from a Windows perspective.

Thanks.
hackettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See Visual Kindle Guide in the Wiki. The KindlePID Mac page discusses Python. There is also Perl help, for mobi2mobi.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
hackettt
Enthusiast
hackettt is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505
Apologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
See Visual Kindle Guide in the Wiki. The KindlePID Mac page discusses Python. There is also Perl help, for mobi2mobi.
I guess I should have clarified my statement. I have a Sony, not a Kindle. Are the processes similar?
hackettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackettt View Post
I guess I should have clarified my statement. I have a Sony, not a Kindle. Are the processes similar?
Yes... the "Visual Kindle Guide" name is what Daffy choose. But, if you read through the KindlePID Mac topic it shows you how to get a python script running on a Mac. What script it is and what the script does is really secondary.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
One phython script for ebooks is pretty much like another. So Kindlefix Mac is very similar to using, say, a Calibre command line script. The arguments are a little different though. With most scripts if you run the command with no arguments you get a "usage" message
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2008, 10:39 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
One phython script for ebooks is pretty much like another. So Kindlefix Mac is very similar to using, say, a Calibre command line script. The arguments are a little different though. With most scripts if you run the command with no arguments you get a "usage" message
Of course, calibre scripts are already put into the path and you need do nothing further than run calibre once and it will install all the command lines into your path folder. This is why is asks for your password.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote