Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-03-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
Lima_dat
English ppl ride potatoe?
Lima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
Has anyone thought of building a SCREW on cover?

I'm thinking suede lined carbon fiber/aluminum panels and a leather spine, attached to the device with screws on the back. It wouldn't fall out and spaces could be cut for the buttons. Access to the SD card and battery would be sorely limited, but how many of us take out the SD card on a regular basis?

(I wasn't sure if this should be in a sub-forum or not)
Lima_dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
I've thought about it a lot.

Most of the time my Kindle seems solid but every so often it has what I call a disintegration event. These seem to happen within five minutes of piking up the device for the first time on any given day. I'll notice it feels kind of odd then take the elastic strap off. Suddenly I'm holding three separate kindle pieces. The cover, the kindle and the battery cover.

jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #3
Lima_dat
English ppl ride potatoe?
Lima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enoughLima_dat will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonunit View Post
I've thought about it a lot.

Most of the time my Kindle seems solid but every so often it has what I call a disintegration event. These seem to happen within five minutes of piking up the device for the first time on any given day. I'll notice it feels kind of odd then take the elastic strap off. Suddenly I'm holding three separate kindle pieces. The cover, the kindle and the battery cover.

Werd.
Lima_dat is offline   Reply With Quote