Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
RosanaE
RosanaE doesn't litterRosanaE doesn't litterRosanaE doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 3G
Images and links in Book Designer

I am trying to convert a book (hopefully to upload to this library) from HTML from Project Gutenberg that has several pictures at the end. Each picture has a legend that I am trying to link to a List of illustrations at the beginning of the book. I am having 2 problems: 1) The pictures take an entire page on the Reader, so the legend (which is a link) is by itself on the next page and 2) the legend's (link) font is too large also. So 1) I want to shrink the size of the pictures some and 2) decrease the size of the link. While I see how I can change the font size of paragraph, titles, verses, etc... I don't see a way of doing that for the links.

Does anybody know how to do these things, short of importing the pictures into an image editor program? Thanks, any help will be appreciated.
RosanaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can do one of two things... You can double click the image and in the properties that show up, put in the new size you want for the image.

Or what most of us do is remove the link to the images. They really don't do anything useful. I just remove the links and that's that.

But if the images were too big to fit with the captions, I would resuze them so the captions fit on the same page.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Double-click on the images in BD. This will open the picture editing window. Alter the width and height to 80%. 70% or whatever looks good. You'll have to experiment. Also set the alignment to 'middle' or absolute middle' if you want a caption underneath.
When you are ready to make the sony reader book then click the relevant button and check the picture size settings (On the top right-hand tab, I think). You need to make sure that you set the size as is, not maximum.

As for the caption size, try setting them as paragraphs rather then subtitles. Or else set subtitles to a smaller font after clicking on the the 'make sony reader' button.

I hope this helps.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:02 PM   #4
RosanaE
RosanaE doesn't litterRosanaE doesn't litterRosanaE doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 3G
Thanks JSWolf and Patricia for your suggestions. I will try them and if all works out, there might be a new uploaded book this weekend.
RosanaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:34 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Double-click on the images in BD. This will open the picture editing window. Alter the width and height to 80%. 70% or whatever looks good. You'll have to experiment. Also set the alignment to 'middle' or absolute middle' if you want a caption underneath.
When you are ready to make the sony reader book then click the relevant button and check the picture size settings (On the top right-hand tab, I think). You need to make sure that you set the size as is, not maximum.

As for the caption size, try setting them as paragraphs rather then subtitles. Or else set subtitles to a smaller font after clicking on the the 'make sony reader' button.

I hope this helps.
If the image is centered and you center the caption under the image, you can change properties using subtitle in the style tab. Centered text is treated with the subtitle style.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert