Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
New Kindle Touch SO/WiFi won't sync

My new Kindle Touch with Special Offers, WiFi only arrived yesterday. I connected to my home WiFi router with no problems. Then I discovered that it is not syncing with my Amazon library.

I rebooted, de-registered/re-registered, cycled the WiFi, cycled power to my router, anything I could think of that made sense. Then, I went to the manager portal and de/re registered, sent it a book... nada

Back on the Kindle, I browsed the Kindle Store, bought a book, tried sending samples, changed the name... At one point, the book I bought showed up as "pending" on the home screen, but the arcived items were still (0).

I did a chat session with Amazon CS which was gratifying in that the operator had me try all of the things I had already tried, but not so gratifying in that it still did not resolve the issue. She decided the only thing to do was to send me another one, but somehow I don't think that is the answer.

Browsing the interwebs for answers, I see several people with this problem on new Kindle Touches. and more with it on K3 WiFi models. I a few cases, a trip to Starbucks reportedly solves the issue, and it worked at home after that for them.

The nice part is, if it doesn't fix the issue, I can console myself with a breve caramel latte frappichino fizz.

Tra la la.
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Ok, it worked at Starbucks, but there is still no joy at home. Probably some obscure router setting that Amazon will say they don't support. pffft.

But hey, Starbucks has CHRISTMAS BLEND!
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
I have this problem syncing between my Kindle and Kindle for Android.

If the android is the furthest page read, the Kindle will sync to it.

If the Kindle is the furthest page read, the Android will tell me I am already at the furthest page read (even when the Kindle is 50 pages ahead!)

I'm not sure if the Kindle is not sending the most recent page or if the Android is having a problem. But Android didn't have a problem when I had the K4 non-touch or K3 or K2. So I think the problem lies in the K4 Touch.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #4
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
When I tried to access my home's wi-fi with my new Keyboard Kindle it would not work. Long story short, my KK uses 802.11G wi-fi and my home wi-fi network is 802.11N only. The mismatch prevented me from signing on and changing that setting to "Mixed" did the trick. People who have a problem getting their non-Fire Kindles should access their home wi-fi should look at this. (Kindle Fire has 802.11N connectivity).
fredlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #5
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Oh, I guess you guys have a different issue. I can access my wifi, browse the store, etc. Mine just won't whispersync the last page read.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

I can connect to the WiFi, See the KT from the router portal, browse the store, and use the "experimental" web browser (10x faster than 3G BTW), I just can't seem to get any books to download. Weird.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #7
ptofimpact
ptofimpact began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Along these same lines, we have a Linksys N router with Encrpyption on, along with a Charter cable modem , no matter what we tried, with Amazons help, the Download of books would not work. Amazon sent 2 more brand new K3's with Wi-Fi only, no luck.
I had the Charter people in, for a different problem, they replaced the Cable Modem, and for whatever reason, the download works. I cannot say exactly what truly 'fixed' the issue, just sharing our experience.
ptofimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #8
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

After another chat with Amazon CS. I'm at a complete loss. Actually, I still had some hope of figuring it out until I did an online chat with AT&T DSL support. I could have got the same affect by smacking myself in the forehead with a wooden mallet.

I sent the logs off to Amazon CS, and I have every confidence they will get to the bottom of it. My only complaint about Amazon CS is that they are so smart and patient, they lead me into a delusional state where I assume other CS departments will be as good.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

Man! I wish Amazon hand kept the name "Kindle" out of the "Fire" world. The first umpteen jillion google hits for "Kindle WiFi Connectivity Issues" are all about the tablet. It makes me hate them.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #10
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptofimpact View Post
Along these same lines, we have a Linksys N router with Encrpyption on, along with a Charter cable modem , no matter what we tried, with Amazons help, the Download of books would not work. Amazon sent 2 more brand new K3's with Wi-Fi only, no luck.
I had the Charter people in, for a different problem, they replaced the Cable Modem, and for whatever reason, the download works. I cannot say exactly what truly 'fixed' the issue, just sharing our experience.
Thanks pt, I'm thinking this will probably happen hear as well. AT&T does not even want to TALK about Kindles. Their CS people are nitwits anyway. My only hope now is the Amazon TS guys finding something helpful in the log files I sent them.

I'm aggressively imagining a world without AT&T.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #11
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonunit View Post
Thanks pt, I'm thinking this will probably happen hear as well. AT&T does not even want to TALK about Kindles. Their CS people are nitwits anyway. My only hope now is the Amazon TS guys finding something helpful in the log files I sent them.

I'm aggressively imagining a world without AT&T.
Hmm..my guess might be a firewall setting since you can browse the web and you can access everything elsewhere on other wi-fi. Do you have an active firewall? If so, turn it off and see. Does your router have a firewall that can be turned off. This is all just temporary, never leave it off, just test to see if the kindle works properly with firewalls off.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #12
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
Hmm..my guess might be a firewall setting since you can browse the web and you can access everything elsewhere on other wi-fi. Do you have an active firewall? If so, turn it off and see. Does your router have a firewall that can be turned off. This is all just temporary, never leave it off, just test to see if the kindle works properly with firewalls off.
Oh, hey. Good Idea!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #13
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

mmm, nope. Turning firewall off had no effect. Drats.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try DMZ and see what happens.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #15
jacksonunit
Sand Bender

I tried DMZ, and she's a no work either boss. I just discovered that my KK is having the same issue. not so bad since it has 3g, But If I find the answer to one, I bet I fix both.