Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #16
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
ixtab on another thread told me that configuraction values are in file:

/var/local/java/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.framework/prefs

The line is obviously the one with:

Code:
device.refresh.onPageTurn=false|true
thankyou, too tired to look at this now, will try tomorrow.. if in the mean time you can find the proper shell command you are welcome, as i have made some tries but no luck till now
mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #17
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
just one note: on a "virgin" KT, this line does not exist at all... the default is simply false. so be prepared for that case.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #18
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.w0lf View Post
if in the mean time you can find the proper shell command you are welcome, as i have made some tries but no luck till now
Sure! I was thinking that values shoud be 0 or 1 but I was wrong. The property has to be set to true or false.

Activate refresh:
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr refreshOnTurn true
Deactivate refresh:
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr refreshOnTurn false
Reset to default refresh value (searches for onPageTurn line in proper file and trims off the part before the value; if the search succeeds the value is substituted; false otherwise to match the default value as suggested by ixtab):
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr refreshOnTurn $( { grep onPageTurn /var/local/java/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.framework/prefs || echo false ; } | sed 's/.*=//' )
I made some test and it works for me.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #19
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
@ixtab: good 'virgin' point.

@mr.wolf: I emailed the mp3 to you.
Good thing about this: With big buttons, (as you can see in mr.wolf screenshot) when you switch from landscape to normal mode and then display the mp3 player by tapping on top of screen: the 'off' and other controller buttons become useless as they go down the screen but with this (as you can kind of see in both portrait and landscape modes), there's no issue, it's all good! (sorry but I don't have my camera with me right now so pictures taken with cellphone are crappy!)

little idea: Ah and I think someone with a rooted Kindle can change this to a program that detects the positional changes reported from the internal accelerometer and set it to automatically rotate the screen. Also, I like having more compact mp3 player to save more estate of screen. Does anyone with such device know where setting for this is?

landscape:

portrait:

Last edited by thatworkshop; 01-12-2012 at 08:36 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #20
Mehdi
Mehdi began at the beginning.

It's possible to get the screen auto-rotating and not that hard. I have it working on my Touch right now, here are sort of the instructions for it:

Change both occurrences of IS_ACCEL=0 to IS_ACCEL=1 in /etc/init/makexconfig .
(With that change, if you open the keyboard and change orientation it should close)

change /etc/xdg/awesome/lab126_ligl.lua "local function liglReflashWholeScreen" to "function liglReflashWholeScreen"
and add "liglReflashWholeScreen()" after
Code:
lipcH:send_event("orientationChange", { currentOrientation })
in /etc/xdg/awesome/lab126_orientation.lua

Then restart and auto-rotating should work (in books and browser).

I also made an extension to lock/unlock the orientation (simply sets orientationLock based on orientation), I could put that up somewhere...

This still has the bugs of the other implementations, as in after some page loads it stops reflashing

Hopefully I didn't forget to include something
Mehdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:26 AM   #21
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This still has the bugs of the other implementations, as in after some page loads it stops reflashing
Maybe a couple of lines could be added to enable reflash when orientation is landscape and reset it to default when in portrait?
Old 01-13-2012, 05:25 AM   #22
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Quote:
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr refreshOnTurn $( { grep onPageTurn /var/local/java/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.framework/prefs || echo false ; } | sed 's/.*=//' )

at launch break i will test new mp3 file & update first post!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #23
mr.w0lf
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
little idea: Ah and I think someone with a rooted Kindle can change this to a program that detects the positional changes reported from the internal accelerometer and set it to automatically rotate the screen. Also, I like having more compact mp3 player to save more estate of screen. Does anyone with such device know where setting for this is?
Will try to get hand on media player source asap, and as it is made in HTML should not be difficult to mod it..

btw, you can use a simple ID3 tag editor to edit your files without screwing them with an HEX editor.. even with Windows Media Player you can do this :P
Old 01-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #24
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
This may be a no-brainer, but isn't the MP3 player supposed to go to the background (but keep playing) if you want to do other things? I've only used it for the jailbreak and a quick test so far, and don't have the device around so can't try it currently.

But I vaguely remember the description saying something like "Listen to music while you are reading", which would imply background operation. I may very well be wrong, though.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #25
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
This may be a no-brainer, but isn't the MP3 player supposed to go to the background (but keep playing) if you want to do other things? I've only used it for the jailbreak and a quick test so far, and don't have the device around so can't try it currently.

But I vaguely remember the description saying something like "Listen to music while you are reading", which would imply background operation. I may very well be wrong, though.
well when reading a book, MP3 Player should be accessible... and that's where the following small issue comes:

Quote:
Will try to get hand on media player source asap, and as it is made in HTML should not be difficult to mod it..
If you could do that, this problem can be solved too: the buttons of Note dialog (when adding a note) disappear when on-screen keyboards pops up, so we need to move it up a little bit too or make dialog smaller. I'm doing these on my friend's Touch so I don't dare to jailbreak it otherwise I'd help with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
Why not use my launcher?
Quote:
1) because i like to know what i am doing wrong, just in case it could be useful in future
2) because i missed it xD
3. because some people don't want OR aren't allowed to (for example me ) jailbreak a device so it's always good to have options... so I think this is not a redundant tweak. And definitely yifanlu's method is a neat modular solution too.

Quote:
btw, you can use a simple ID3 tag editor to edit your files without screwing them with an HEX editor.. even with Windows Media Player you can do this :P
oh cool... I did it again and emailed you the cleaner version so that if you want you can add it to first post.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 01-13-2012 at 02:20 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #26
mr.w0lf
n00b

Quote:
sorry, i can not replicate your results.. are you using SSH directly?
this is the code i am trying to use on the mp3 file, but now nor the orientation nor the refresh on turn works. any clue?

Code:
<button type="button" style="width:25%;height:100%" onclick="javascript:
   nativeBridge.dbgCmd('lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock L');
   nativeBridge.dbgCmd('lipc-set-prop com.lab126.winmgr refreshOnTurn true');">Left
</button>
@cscat: did not got your second email yet, waiting for it
Old 01-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #27
pirl8
Pest

Quote:
sorry, i can not replicate your results.. are you using SSH directly?
I did it either via SSH and modifying the Kindle Launcher stuff directly on the kindle. I 'm right now using this script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
SETPROP=/usr/bin/lipc-set-prop
PREFS=/var/local/java/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.framework/prefs

case "$1" in
"L"|"R")
        $SETPROP com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock $1
        $SETPROP com.lab126.winmgr refreshOnTurn true
        ;;
"U"|"D")
        $SETPROP com.lab126.winmgr orientationLock $1
        $SETPROP com.lab126.winmgr refreshOnTurn  refreshOnTurn $({ grep onPageTurn $PREFS || echo false ; } | sed 's/.*=//')
        ;;
esac
The two variables can be avoided, of course.

I named it <i>setorientation.sh</i>. It can be used with:

Code:
/mnt/us/extensions/orientation/bin/setorientation.sh L|R|U|D
Old 01-13-2012, 09:47 AM   #28
pirl8
Pest

Quote:
any clue?
Maybe you can try to strip off the "javascript:" prefix in your onclick calls?

(see here: http://www.javascripttoolbox.com/bestpractices/#onclick)
Old 01-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #29
Akanero
Akanero began at the beginning.

Great Tool You Have Here!

I am really liking this. Now we know that Amazon is just not taking that extra step, although there may be some more things that Amazon needs to work some bugs out with. The button size is a little large though and doesn't feel quite as integrated, which may not be possible to change. But it's a great tool regardless. Do you need donations to improve on it?
Akanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #30
mr.w0lf
n00b

nice.. i was trying to revrite your function in JS but still stuck somewhere..
if anyone wanna give a try:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/98610298c6fc646d/