Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 07-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Astak Mentor information

Hi everyone,

I'm considering a Mentor (the screen is rotatable which is very desirable for me) or the 6" Astak EZ Reader.

Of course, I have a few questions, and if anyone can help me with answers, then I'd be very grateful:

1. What are the major differences between the two?

2. Do the Mentor and EZ Reader accept the same file types?

3. Which is the newer model?

4. What is the range of font sizes, and can I install other fonts?

I tried the International link on the Astak site, but the Mentor is not shown as an option. Is the model not available for overseas purchase?

Cheers,

Michael P
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
I think 6" Astak EZ Reader is a newer model.
Mentor has better screen contrast (one of the best among current generation e-ink screens but not Pearl) but cannot install your own fonts. EZ reader can install extra fonts, but the screen contrast may not be as good. Mentor has a 2.5mm earphone and EZ reader uses standard 3.5 mm earphone. Aside from these, not too much difference.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 11:59 PM   #3
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi Sylver,

many thanks for the info. It has helped a lot.

The non-standard earphone jack is a deal-breaker, as far as the Mentor goes.

Cheers,

Michael P
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote