Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
protodoll
protodoll began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Droid RAZR
Help again - Adobe DE, epub and pdf on Android

My public library provides an incredibly robust selection of ebooks, an initiative that I will happliy get behind.
Problem is, they're in mobipocket or Adobe DRM'ed formats (so, Adobe ePub or pdf). The adobe formats are verified using the adobe digital editions login format.
Is there any way that I can read these on my Android phone? So far, I've come across nothing.
protodoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Not without removing the DRM. This is possible (threads on ADEPT), but for lending library ebooks the legal situation is murkier than for ebooks you buy. My guess is that this is illegal in the US. As a practical matter, if you strip the DRM for personal use you are unlikely to be held accountable.

I don't know what the best way to read DRM-free Adobe PDF ebooks on Android is. You can try converting them to ePub, e.g. using Calibre. Both FBReader and Aldiko can read DRM-free ePubs on Android.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert