Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Who would you like to be stuck in a lift with - & why

Ok, I searched but it seems nobody has thought of this one. It must be somebody currently living -- be nice!

Me who would I choose --- Mmm ---- I'll have to think about that.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I don't know whether to engage the lecherous or cerebral side to answer that. if only there were a response that would satisfy both!!!!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
a lift engineer, and well for the obvious reason lol
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
a lift engineer
nnnnno! you don't want the engineer IN the lift!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
stephen fry !! because i'd be entertained the whole time, help would come fast, and i'd get champagne at the rescue !

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/medi...-stuck-in-lift

Quote:
Never can one person have been stuck in a lift and so many people know about it. Stephen Fry used Twitter to tell his followers (113,068 and rising fast!) that he was marooned in a lift on the 26th floor of London's Centrepoint late last night. "We could be here for hours. Arse, poo and widdle." Still, Fry didn't waste his time in the small metal box. Oh no. He took a picture. "Engineers on their way in 20 minutes apparently." And another one. "This is getting boring. Morale still high. Hopes of early night dashed." But it turned out to have a happy ending. "We're free!" he Twittered. "Nice men from Thyssen freed us. Paramount Club had champagne for us at the bottom. I'm allergic, but nice thought x." Next time Fry, who was yesterday giving a talk at the Apple store on London's Regent Street, will presumably take the stairs. Just not to the 26th floor, though.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #6
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk;
I don't know whether to engage the lecherous or cerebral side to answer that. if only there were a response that would satisfy both!!!!
THAT! is the problem I am having

At the moment I am torn between Myleen Klass, Beautiful and very, very talented, and Carol Vorderman a bit closer to my generation & very bright.

Last edited by columbus; 06-05-2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: added first choices - more to follow :)
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Me and my wife. Noone else.
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
lecherous ??? aren't there cameras in most elevators ??? i guess i'm not that adventurous !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #9
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I'd like to be stuck in an elevator with someone rich who needs custom furniture with loads of marquetry and carving.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #10
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Lecherous side answers: Angelina Jolie

Cerebral side answers: Angelina Jolie wearing glasses
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Lecherous side answers: Angelina Jolie

Cerebral side answers: Angelina Jolie wearing glasses
I've always known you to be a man of startling intellect, Moejoe!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #12
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
My answer:

Taylor and Marc. If the world's going to come to an end, it may as well be whilst I'm otherwise inconvenienced.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I've always known you to be a man of startling intellect, Moejoe!

There would be no intellect present, I doubt I'd be able to do much more than drool and mumble inchorently if I was faced with a prolonged period alone in an enclosed space with the beauty shown below

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
hmmm... pillsbury dough boy or the Michelin man...
bc, best case scenario: I'd have a funny story to tell...
Worst case scenario: I can land on something mushy...

ps for all who does now know who I am talking about..

Michelin man

PDB

EDIT: OP: Do they count... do consider them alive? oh the dilemma....

Last edited by Alphapheemail; 06-05-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #15
Cabe
Connoisseur
Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cabe has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone
My first thought was "my ebook reader" which probably says an awful lot about me.

But TBH Gordon Brown. I really would like a chance to discuss the state of the UK and how "from a lay persons perspective" we could do better.

Damn elections making me all political.

Felicia Day would fulfil both lecher/interest answers as a gamer and general geek I suspect we would get on well
Cabe is offline   Reply With Quote