Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
Vendy
Vendy began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Moon+ Reader - Importing its own Metadata?

Hello all -

Does anybody know how to stop Moon+ from downloading its own metadata for use in its sorting? I am trying to switch to an eReader app on my Nexus 7 after I lost my Kindle, and Moon+ is the best I've found except for this one very annoying issue.

My goal is to have just a couple of tags per book - set by Calibre - to subdivide my book collection with. Unfortunately, Moon+ has decided to grab new metadata from who-knows-where and it is messing this up. For example, it is putting amazingly stupid tags like "Illinois" and "Chicago" on some of the Jim Butcher books. These tags do not exist in my Calibre collection nor in the source ePub file itself - I checked.

Does anyone know how to prevent Moon+ from clogging up the Nexus' version of my books with its own terrible tags? Thank you for the help, and if any other readers out there might fit my bill (simple, monitors a given folder for eBooks, no forced Import option like Aldiko...) please feel free to suggest it.

Thank you!
Vendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
Vendy
Vendy began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Quick update - I'm still curious as to why Moon+ does this, but only in an academic sense. I went ahead and invested $3 into Calibre Companion and I am highly impressed. It does exactly what I want and unsurprisingly integrates smoothly with my existing Calibre sorting and metadata, such as it is.
Vendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2014, 01:35 AM   #3
John Farrel
John Farrel began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab2
What actually this moon pro+ is ?

I know some of you will get mad on me but I want to know what it is because as I was rolling down the Android thread, there are more than 10 thread that is discussing about this moon pro, moon pro+. So, can I know what this actually is??
John Farrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
It is an ereader app.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote