Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #1
dorjeduck
dorjeduck began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Error calibre OSX: 'int' object has no attribute 'replace'

Hi,

Since quite some time I get the error message below when trying to use callibre to transfer ebooks to my Sony PSR-T1 on a Max OSX Snow Lion. Does anybody has a similar problem and found a way to solve this. Right now I cant use callibre anymore due to this problem ....

Thanks a lot

martin

--------

calibre, version 0.9.6
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

'int' object has no attribute 'replace'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 470, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/prst1/driver.py", line 162, in books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 246, in books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/prst1/driver.py", line 245, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/prst1/driver.py", line 277, in update_device_database
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/prst1/driver.py", line 443, in update_device_books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/prst1/driver.py", line 385, in read_device_books
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'replace'
dorjeduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try deleting the books.db file from your reader. It appears to have some corrupted records.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
dorjeduck

Great, that did the trick, thanks a lot for the quick reply and your awesome program.

Martin
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
dorjeduck

Just as a suggestion, maybe you can consider catching this error in your program and give a error message suggesting to delete the books.db file as it seems to be corrupt. When I tried to find a solution for the problem I had before asking here I found quite some people posting here and there that they have a similar problem.