Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #16
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Kindle Keyboard WiFi was just as bad at the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
All these problems. I don't remember any Kindle having so much fuss. I am at the point where I am going to wait for the next model and see if the problems get fixed. I was looking forward to this like everyone else but I just don't want to play let's get a good one! again.

I will pick up a 7" KFHD 16GB instead. I use my KF nightly so a better screen will work for me. I can read long periods on it as long as I have the screen dim app active.
Blossom,

My Kindle Keyboard was just as bad for the first three months. I got a replacement and it did not fix the problem until much later. There were many complaints on this forum as well.

The problem there was the units were SHORTING out. No one knew what was causing it. I got a replacement within one week of my first.

Finally, after THREE MONTHS it was discovered that the COVERS had metal hooks which were shorting the units. Amazon eventually sent me a full refund for the cover 3 months after I purchased it. I then bought a different cover and had no further problems.

The current problems with screens and batteries may be worked out as well in a few months. In the meantime Amazon is handing out replacements with no questions asked. That is really all we can ask of them.

For new purchasers I'd recommend the Kindle HD 7" for now as you are doing. Then in a few months when we really know the answers and the problems have abated a Paperwhite would make sense.

I happened to get a great one with a perfect screen in my perception and a long lasting battery. I may have been one of the lucky ones. In my opinion for just reading eBooks, the Paperwhite is the best eReader I've ever seen and I've had many now including Sonys.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote