Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
Rolfy
Rolfy began at the beginning.

Device: Sigil
Converting to html needed?

Hi. Instructions says I need to convert word-documents into html. So I did, and could not use Book view.
In a blog I was advised to paste my document right into an empty new Sigildocument. This seems to work. When I check changes made in the Book view I note changes in the html code as well.
So, I do not need to convert? Pasting text is all needed?
Regards from Stockholm
Rolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
By copy/pasting you will loose formatting. That includes italic and other, not to mention things like footnotes, indents and so on. Styles, headers, etc all is lost.
You can prevent that by converting Word to HTML. There are several methods for that, most of them not good. Expect some manual cleaning up.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #3
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
If you use styles for everything in the Word document, it will work well.
Then save as a filtered web page.
Add the file to Sigil.
Delete everything between the style and /style - should save several hundred lines.
Enter link for the external stylesheet that matches the styles in the Word doc.
Add the style sheet to Sigil.
You now have a clean document!
Bob
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote