Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
CalgaryGal
CalgaryGal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Free Mahjongg

I recently got a Kobo Vox and am looking for free Mahjongg games. I haven't been able to track any down in the past couple of days. Any ideas?
CalgaryGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
https://market.android.com/search?q=mahjongg&c=apps
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #3
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Android Market isn't on the Vox, only GetJar.

CalgaryGal - The problem is likely you're searching for 'mahjongg' rather than 'mahjong'. Too lazy to check through them all to see which are proper mahjong and which are the pattern-matching game (three of those on the first page of results for 'Shanghai', by the way), though I'm betting most are the latter, or to try and get GetJar's web interface to limit itself to the Vox (won't let me select, for some reason :/).
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
Can one install apk directly on the Vox? Many Apps from the market linger around somewhere on the web if you specify the search "Shanghai Mahjonng .apk" or the like... I have an Android Tablet that comes w/out the market, too, but it can be installed easily afterwards... Are there similar "hacks" for the Vox?
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
CalgaryGal
CalgaryGal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Who would have thought that it was all so simple as to drop a "g". Thank you all for your assistance!
CalgaryGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
Can one install apk directly on the Vox? Many Apps from the market linger around somewhere on the web if you specify the search "Shanghai Mahjonng .apk" or the like... I have an Android Tablet that comes w/out the market, too, but it can be installed easily afterwards... Are there similar "hacks" for the Vox?
The Vox is open. As long as you have the install the 'untrusted' apps option in the settings turned on, which you have to do in order to download from GetJar, anyways (or so I hear), you can install from anywhere - directly from an APK or from any store you manage to install that will let you download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryGal View Post
Who would have thought that it was all so simple as to drop a "g". Thank you all for your assistance!
No problem. It's a common mistake.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote