Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
iaw4
iaw4 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
weird page break in html->epub conversion

I am a novice to calibre and epub generation. I do know a little about html. I am trying to create consecutive color boxes that show up nicely in browsers and epub. alas, the following html works nicely, but when converted with ubuntu-linux based calibre 1.0, it sets the first title-h1 onto its own page in the linux e-book viewer. any idea why (and how to change this)?

help appreciated.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>

<body>

<div style="background-color: blue; color:white;">
    <h1 style="font-size: xx-large; margin-top: 1em; margin-bottom:0em;">A Test Title</h1>
  </div>
  <div style="background-color:yellow; color:black;">
    <h1 style="font-size: small; margin-top:0em;">that should continue with adjaced test author</h1>
  </div>

<div style="margin:3em">

<p>This is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country. This is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country. This is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country. </p>

</div>

</body>
</html>
it seems to be unique to being an h1 header. if I use a span instead of an h1, it works as expected...
iaw4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:09 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
h1 is used to semantically mark chapter headers. During a conversion, this gets split into different pages.

You can use other header tags (h2,h3,h4,h5,h6) to mark different stuff, and set the xpath to detect however you set it up. Kovid already explained it better, though, so why don't you take a look at the manual, here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...nd-page-breaks
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub