Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #571
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@rifka - not sure I understand as has been a while, but I thought when you have an exclusive shelf if you remove a book from it then it will still be added to your Read shelf? That is a goodreads feature... or at least I thought it used to be.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #572
rifka
Enthusiast
rifka began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Sony, Kobo
Read is an Exclusive shelf. But you can make other shelves Exclusive as well. I just want to be able to "Remove From My Books" from Calibre. Delete it from my collection all together.
rifka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:48 AM   #573
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
Is there a way to sync which *shelf* a book is on? Perhaps at least the "exclusive" shelves?

I would like to create virtual libraries based on that information
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:27 AM   #574
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@hakan - you can use the "Download shelves as tags" option, or for each shelf setup a sync rule to populate a value in a custom column.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #575
sbin
Voracious reader
sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS T2, iPhone 6, Cybook Orizon, Cybook Gen3
It looks like the plugin isn't working with the new db.
Here's the error I get:

calibre, version 0.9.44
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'LibraryDatabase' object has no attribute 'conn'

calibre 0.9.44 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-12.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '12.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 12.4.0: Wed May 1 17:57:12 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2050.24.15~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.4
OSX: ('10.8.4', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.action", line 299, in sync_shelves
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 1476, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 1624, in flatten_book_shelf
AttributeError: 'LibraryDatabase' object has no attribute 'conn'

I'm running calibre 0.9.44 on OS X 10.8.4.
If I switch back to the old db, everything works fine.

Last edited by sbin; 08-17-2013 at 11:26 AM.
sbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #576
loudab
loudab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 and Paperwhite
Ratings column

Is there a way to have Goodreads sync two ratings columns in Calibre? One for my GR ratings and one for the overall GR rating?
loudab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #577
Krazykiwi
Zealot
Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many random androids to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbin View Post
It looks like the plugin isn't working with the new db.
Here's the error I get:

calibre, version 0.9.44
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'LibraryDatabase' object has no attribute 'conn'

I'm running calibre 0.9.44 on OS X 10.8.4.
If I switch back to the old db, everything works fine.
Same here. 0.9.44 on Windows 8 64 bit, switching back to olddb works, newdb gives error.
Spoiler:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.44

calibre 0.9.44 [64bit]  isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.4
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Krazykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #578
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Nexus 10,Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudab View Post
Is there a way to have Goodreads sync two ratings columns in Calibre? One for my GR ratings and one for the overall GR rating?
Here is what I did to maintain my own rating separate from the calibre rating which is populated by the Meta-data update processing.

I set up a new Rating field (see screen shot for details) to store My Rating. This is the field I have the Goodreads Sync process work with (read, set, store).

This way, the existing calibre Rating field will continue to be populated by the Meta-data update processing. Note: Use the [Metadata Source Plugin] Goodreads plug-in to retrieve meta-data from Goodreads.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MyRating_Field.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	109673  
edwdecarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:06 AM   #579
sbin
Voracious reader
sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS T2, iPhone 6, Cybook Orizon, Cybook Gen3
I've just installed the new version 1.0 of calibre, the plugin still doesn't work (I wasn't expecting it to, to be honest).
Here's the same error:

calibre, version 1.0.0

calibre 1.0 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-12.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '12.4.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 12.4.0: Wed May 1 17:57:12 PDT 2013; root:xnu-2050.24.15~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.4
OSX: ('10.8.4', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')

With the new version you can't switch back to the older db, so I really hope this will get fixed soon
sbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #580
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@sbin/KarzyKiwi - it seems I made a fix for that error a long while ago (8th Jun according to the changelog I have) but for some reason did not upload it to MobileRead. Will do so shortly...
Old 08-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #581
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.7.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Replace some incorrect legacy code that was looking up the old ISBN field in the database instead of identifiers.
  • Fix for when Goodreads error is thrown during Add to Shelf to ensure a second error is not displayed to user.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #582
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Thanks Kiwi! I love this plugin, and while I know I've said it before, everytime you release a new update it shows me that you're committed, thanks yet again.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #583
Krazykiwi
Zealot
Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many random androids to list
From one kiwi to another, thanks a ton
Krazykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:23 AM   #584
Jamdep
Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Having issues with the latest plugin. Copy of details below:

calibre, version 1.0.0

calibre 1.0 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.4
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Jamdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:48 AM   #585
Jamdep
Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jamdep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Ignore above. I re-installed the plugin and all seems to be working.
Jamdep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads