Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
bookiner
bookiner began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
new Cybook doesnt boot at all

Hi
I just started for the first time my new Cybook gen 3 after having plugged it to my puter through usb port during 3 hours.

The Cybook is frozen on the first pic and nothing happen. no key is responding.
I have used the reboot button on the back of the Cybook and after having pressed the on/off button still frozen.

I have read somewhere i have to plug it again to usb port to get more power.

I cannot accesss to the memory of Cybook (i haven't yet SD card)

any advice?
bookiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Try to charge it with an external usb charger (not by pluging it into your computer).
If that does not help, you will have to send it back to bookeen.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
bookiner

After one hour more plugged to usb port, it seems to work now, i get the menu. Thanks for advice
Old 03-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
intersting.
now i'm wondering if the freezes i had where not due to to my batterie being a bit mis-pluged. it seams to work better, and one the changes was the battery.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
bookiner

How many time do Cybook need to boot?
the boot is not working at any time
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
bookiner

the battery could to be not totally charged. One boot, and at the second one nothing, it frozes again.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #7
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Please make sure you charge your cybook for several hours until you try it out again - preferably with an external charger not using the usb-connector of your pc.
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:32 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Leave it connected to the charger until the light goes out.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:11 AM   #9
bookiner

I don't have external charger.
I have charged it with usb port until the light disappear.
It's hard to make it work. Sometime it works but at the second test still frozing
the indicator say 100% charged when i got the library menu.

I suppose the library menu is supposed to appear by itself no need to press any key?

It's rather weird. If i turn off the Cybook and i turn in, it won't boot correctly.

After a reset, it works again.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:40 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Check the file system - it may be corrupted.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #11
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Check the file system - it may be corrupted.
Yeah.

In my case, freezes seams to have been fixed by empting internal memory, and putting everything on external sd card.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #12
bookiner

Today i wanted to use my Cybook, same problem: reader is frozen at boot start
I have plugged it to the usb connector to charge it again and the red light is appearing.
I had charged the Cybook yesterday until the light disappeared and i didnt have used it much.

Battery problem?