Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
Simple Question for the CSS experts out there...

Ok, so, regarding my earlier thread...it wasn't working because, as someone suggested, when Calibre converts, and specifies a line height, getting that overridden is nearly impossible, so, I am bulk re-converting everything at this point.

But, I had a question.

If I have two IDENTICAL css sheets, and, the ONLY difference between them is that one has (for example) a font size of 1.0em and the other font size of 1.5em. They both have the EXACT same line height (1.2em for example), will both have the exact same amount of space BETWEEN lines of text? In other words. Are the two values (line height and font size) relative to one another?
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
One more question. Am I able to go out two decimal places when specifying line height or font size? For example, 1.05? Instead of 1.1?
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
One more question. Am I able to go out two decimal places when specifying line height or font size? For example, 1.05? Instead of 1.1?
YOU can, will the reader device round it is the other question
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote