Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #376
hughhowey
Enthusiast
hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
I'm glad I bought a print copy of the omnibus, I may be sitting on a future collectors item .
Is it the yellow cover? Those have gone for $250, $350, and $550 on eBay.
hughhowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #377
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool authorgraph

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhowey View Post
Is it the yellow cover? Those have gone for $250, $350, and $550 on eBay.
Are those copies signed by yourself?

While on the subject of signing are you aware of the web site authorgraph?
Check it out.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #378
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Even better. Just get me Hugh's signature. I can scan it and add it to the ePub and have a scanned eBook. Much better then some website to do it for me for a Kindle book I won't ever have.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #379
markrphelps
markrphelps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle on iPad 2
100m

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
... Sounds less likely than DiapDealer's suggestion. Did you happen to read the book whilst standing on your head?
I too thought that the title was an upsidedown render of "100M" , but in that cleaners on average made it that far from the silo.

I think this first came from the dust cover graphic for #2 (?) as seen in the omnibus for Kindle. This, to me, looked just like 100M upsidedown. But this was unintentional?
markrphelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #380
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool This is Silo 51

Quote:
Avery Barnard

Published on Feb 11, 2013

This is Silo 51, this is no where near the size of a regular silo, if this were a real silo. It is also no where near complete, so comment with anything i should add or delete. Also, please excuse the crappy video quality and sound, i uploaded this directly from my tv. Thank you!
Stats: outside of the silo is 24400 blocks (no clue on the inside)
this took me about 4 and a half days to make and decorate because its so large

Old 02-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #381
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
For UK fans (or those who have access to BBC radio online), Wool is the Radio 2 Book Club novel and Hugh will be talking to Simon Mayo just after 1800 today - so in about 40 minutes.

It will be available on listen again later however.

Radio 2 home page

Last edited by Witty Username; 02-25-2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added link
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #382
blackcat
Connoisseur
blackcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD, Ipad 4
The Wool Omnibus doesn't appear to be available in the UK amazon store, so is it the 2 seperate books we need to buy instead - e.g. wool 1 triology and the next one? ta
blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #383
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Trilogy vs. Omnibus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
The Wool Omnibus doesn't appear to be available in the UK amazon store, so is it the 2 seperate books we need to buy instead - e.g. wool 1 triology and the next one? ta
It appears to me that all you need is the Trilogy as it shows all 5 parts in the Contents, just like the Omnibus.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #384
blackcat
Connoisseur
blackcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD, Ipad 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
It appears to me that all you need is the Trilogy as it shows all 5 parts in the Contents, just like the Omnibus.

Thanks!
blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 AM   #385
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Hugh Howey discusses "Wool" with Simon Mayo

Audio, Duration: 15:04

Author Hugh Howey joins Simon Mayo to discuss his debut novel "Wool".

Old 02-26-2013, 03:05 AM   #386
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Finish thrid shift yesterday. Now waiting for dust
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #387
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Finish thrid shift yesterday. Now waiting for dust
How what who why when? 28th Feb it gets released. How'd you get it so early?

I didn't think it was out so soon. Anyway pre-ordered so come Thursday should be trundling down onto my Kindle.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #388
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah ? Via kobo. the shift omminus and thrid shift are availible there. I was looking for second shift and kobo pointed me to thrid shift.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 AM   #389
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Third shift's been out for a while now.

EDIT: apologies... I keep forgetting that different countries may have different release dates.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-26-2013 at 07:18 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #390
EowynCarter
Wizard

Don't know, amazon.fr says "january 27".