Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Rrrr
Rrrr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Suggestion for sharing to multiple email addresses

I have 3 kids with Kindle and am happily using Calibre to send them their books by using Sharing to their kindle email address.

Problem is that I never remember which child has which Kindle email address abc_1234@Kindle.com, cba_4321@Kindle.com, etc

My suggestion is to make an extra column to I can add a name to each email address and easily know who it belongs to.
Rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
Problem is that I never remember which child has which Kindle email address abc_1234@Kindle.com, cba_4321@Kindle.com, etc
Under preferences try changing

abc_1234@Kindle.com and
cba_4321@Kindle.com
to
Child1 Name <abc_1234@Kindle.com> and
Child2 Name <cba_4321@Kindle.com>

It should work fine.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
Rrrr
Rrrr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
You are a true wizard, thanks a lot
Rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
thanks a lot
You're Welcome

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-26-2012 at 11:00 AM.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Can one enter multiple email addresses, and select which thing will be sent to which one? That is, I manage 3 kindles. My husband wants me to set up a recipe to send specific web comics to his kindle, but I don't want them sent to mine or to my son's. but I do want other things sent to my son's kindle, and yet other things sent to mine - and it's a PITA to have to go in and change the email address every time.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

btw, *where* in preferences does one add the email information? or is it done in the welcome wizard?
Old 06-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
btw, *where* in preferences does one add the email information? or is it done in the welcome wizard?
Preferences: Sharing: email
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
BeccaPrice
Wizard

Well, duh. So sorry to have asked a dumb question when I could have found the answer just by looking at the Preferences screen. Maybe another cup of coffee will help.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #9
affa
Connoisseur
affa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheeseaffa can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Can one enter multiple email addresses, and select which thing will be sent to which one? That is, I manage 3 kindles. My husband wants me to set up a recipe to send specific web comics to his kindle, but I don't want them sent to mine or to my son's. but I do want other things sent to my son's kindle, and yet other things sent to mine - and it's a PITA to have to go in and change the email address every time.
yes. not only can you enter multiple and choose between them, you can also send to multiple at the same time.

For example, you can have entries for:

mom@xyz.com
dad@xyz.com
kids@xyz.com
mom@xyz.com, dad@xyz.com
mom@xyz.com, dad@xyz.com, kids@xyz.com

now when you go to connect/share - email to...
you'll have 5 choices... each account individually, or just mom and dad but not the kids, or the whole family.

use a comma to separate the entries with more than one email.
affa is offline   Reply With Quote