Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Marware Eco-Flip Cover For Kindle 4

My case got here today! It comes in a eco friendly envelope made out of recycled paper as you can see in the pic attached. My first impression was it's tiny! I had no problems inserting the K4 into the 4 tiny elastic straps even with my arthritic hands.

It seems to be very well made. Nice sturdy stitching with a soft felt like interior. The felt does show impressions just like some carpets do when new but just brush it with your fingers to get rid of it.

The outside material feels soft and smooth. The outside layer has a bit of padding with a stiff board underneath to provide adequate protection. It's doesn't look or feel cheap and it fits nicely in my hand. The hand holding slot works very well on this case. I can finally turn the page with one hand using it!

The stand part does not work very well. If you use it as a stand you need to put something heavy behind it or is will slide open flat. So if you are buying this case to use it as Stand you may be disappointed. It kind of fits in my 3Feet stand so I'm not too worried if I need to prop it up. It does work well. It just takes some time in breaking in the spine to get it to stand up without sliding down.

The K4 itself fits in snugly as this is my first case that uses straps it'd be interesting to see how well the straps hold out after months of use.

It Also does come with a wide elastic strap attached on the back that slides over the front to keep the case firmly close. This is one of the features on my K3 lighted case that I like so well so I am happy to have it on my K4 case too.

My only other concern is how the spine will look after being folded back so many times. I never do this with books let alone cases. So I will keep an eye on how worn it looks after having it a few months.

For 50% off at $17.49 at Amazon. (Regular Price is $34.99) it's was a great deal! I am very happy with it so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ef1.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	78735   Click image for larger version

Name:	ef2.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	78736  

Last edited by Blossom; 11-23-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I love their cases. I bought a Kindle 2 case for my Sony 950 for only $6. That's the only reason I decided to give them a try. Very pleased. I'll probably get one for my Kindle Touch. The eco friendly envelope gets a thumbs up.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm OCD. Those corner straps would drive me nuts. But say, how'd you get it half off?
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
I'm OCD. Those corner straps would drive me nuts. But say, how'd you get it half off?

I used my 50% off offer from my Special Offers Kindle.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I love their cases. I bought a Kindle 2 case for my Sony 950 for only $6. That's the only reason I decided to give them a try. Very pleased. I'll probably get one for my Kindle Touch. The eco friendly envelope gets a thumbs up.
The one I have fits the Touch and the Non Touch. That's how most cases are made for the Latest Kindles. So if I upgrade later the case will work for it. The hand hold is really great on this. I can't tell how many times I nearly dropped my K4 trying to turn the page one handed. It's a breeze now.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
It IS a handsome cover. I just prefer the molded type of the 'official' versions. Also, I prefer it to open/close like a book. This one appears to open from the top. But that's all subjective. There's nothing wrong with yours. I'd be glad to use it if I didn't have my particular quirks.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
It IS a handsome cover. I just prefer the molded type of the 'official' versions. Also, I prefer it to open/close like a book. This one appears to open from the top. But that's all subjective. There's nothing wrong with yours. I'd be glad to use it if I didn't have my particular quirks.
I got it for one handed reading. I can't do that with the K4 due to the button placement, with this cover I can now with no problems. No more sliding out of my hand.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
Marware Eco-Flip

Marware also makes the book type covers. I'm with Blossom and like the flip style. I prefer mine to stand up without my holding it. Easier to read & eat when I go to lunch by myself. Too bad you can't turn pages by blinking, right for forward and left for back.

I paid full price for mine, but I needed protection in case I left it out with the screen up. I have 3 cats, 2 are males, and they will stand on, sit on or sleep on anything of mine. They also shove things off a table on to the floor. Yes, I have threattened to squeeze their little heads into mush, but they don't seem to listen.

The hand hold is pretty nice. I find myself using it more and more.

To make it stand with the cover spread way out, I rigged some Velcro to hold it from flattening out. It works, but I'm not completely satisfied and am working on it some more.
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I got the Marware book type and I got the cheaper one. I like it. The elastic straps on the corners are padded so they hold the cover up off the screen. I like that. It's very convenient to use and seems reasonably protective.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I got the Marware book type and I got the cheaper one. I like it. The elastic straps on the corners are padded so they hold the cover up off the screen. I like that. It's very convenient to use and seems reasonably protective.
I didn't even notice that till you mention it but yes the padded straps are nice on their covers.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #11
C.S.
Enthusiast
C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Blossom, thanks for posting your impressions. With us both getting this offer again (technically for the first time), this thread will help me if I need to order another cover for someone else thinking of getting a Kindle. Does it come in pink? I know she expressed a preference for that color.

As you know, I got another Marware cover, the Marware jurni Kindle and Kindle Touch Cover, Beige, and I love it.

Like yours, it also came in eco-friendly packaging, which I thought was very cool. It seems Marware makes pretty good products and they're environmentally conscious to boot!
C.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S. View Post
Blossom, thanks for posting your impressions. With us both getting this offer again (technically for the first time), this thread will help me if I need to order another cover for someone else thinking of getting a Kindle. Does it come in pink? I know she expressed a preference for that color.

As you know, I got another Marware cover, the Marware jurni Kindle and Kindle Touch Cover, Beige, and I love it.

Like yours, it also came in eco-friendly packaging, which I thought was very cool. It seems Marware makes pretty good products and they're environmentally conscious to boot!
No pink just Black on the offer. Looks like the Marware Atlas, Jurni and Eco-vue do come in Pink though.
There's also a Belkin that has really good reviews it comes in Purple.
Somewhere on here someone bought it and loved it. I've lost track where that was though.