Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-08-2009, 08:04 AM   #46
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Out of interest, have you tried using the Cybook with Calibre? I did have problems when using Calibre initially as it wouldn't eject afterwards, however that was a problems resolved by a later update to Calibre. Calibre works very well withg the Cybook so see what happens.
Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #47
romi
CyBook Gen3 fan
romi began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
BTW, my build is 834 or something, version 1.2.

And now the good news: on my friend's notebook (Windows Vista) my CyBook connected just fine!! )

.. I immediately made a RAR of the system folder, in fact the whole thing just in case.
romi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #48
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Backing up the system folder on 400Mhz cybook seem to be not necessary, it is needed only on older 200mhz version (but maybe I'm wrong)
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #49
wouter391
wouter391 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I am yet another mac user (Macbook Pro, OS X 10.4) with problem mounting the Cybook (firmware V 1.2). It does show up in the profiler, but not in Disk Utility, and of course also not on my Desktop :-). It works fine under windows. I seem to understand from the previous posts that it should normally be solvable in two ways:

(1) buy an SD-card, and only use that as storage equipment
(2) upgrade to Leopard

Is this correct, in particular the first one as the second one is a bit drastic ("Never change a winning team" ;-)). Or, of course, do any OS X 10.4 users have an alternative by now to get the Cybook mounted. (I have one sticker on the back of my cybook)

Update: I bought an SD-card, but it is also not mounted by my mac :-). Is upgrading to Leopard a sure shot, or is there also a good chance that it will still not be mounted.

Last edited by wouter391; 05-10-2009 at 02:11 PM.
wouter391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #50
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
It seems that recent batch of Cybook have some problem with 10.4 and prior versions.

I had a discution some weeks ago with Bookeen about this fact, they are aware of this, but don't have enough manpower (and don't own macs) for this bug, but they will try to correct it ASAP, but they say's me it could be a difficult bug to solve... They are not sure from where it come: For the OS or the device...
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2009, 07:44 AM   #51
romi
CyBook Gen3 fan
romi began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Hm... I will sure hold my fingers crossed. Not just for me, but for their own sake. Gen3 is such a great device. I'm just using it with the SD card on my mac for now. I'm sure they'll fix it sooner or later.
romi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #52
discourse
Connoisseur
discourse has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight, iPad 1
mmmm same problem. My cybook just came back from bookeen for repairs so it's running the latest firmware. I'm on a 17" 2.6GHz Macbook pro running 10.5.6. I have a problem with my laptop running Windows 7 as well though. The cybook is only read on one of my usb ports.
discourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #53
discourse
Connoisseur
discourse has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight, iPad 1
After plugging my device into Win7 I was prompted about whether I wanted to automatically fix file system errors. I chose yes and also checked the option to scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. The Win7 fault has been fixed now. The cybook still doesn't show up in OS X
discourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:57 AM   #54
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by discourse View Post
I have a problem with my laptop running Windows 7 as well though. The cybook is only read on one of my usb ports.
Most certainly a matter of not enough power supplied. To solve this you can try using a USB hub with external power supply. (Same with charging - better to use a charger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by discourse View Post
After plugging my device into Win7 I was prompted about whether I wanted to automatically fix file system errors. I chose yes and also checked the option to scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. The Win7 fault has been fixed now. The cybook still doesn't show up in OS X
Sometimes this happens with USB sticks on my Vista system. They're perfectly OK, but Vista keeps complaing about fixing errors...
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
connect, cybook, mac, usb