Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
crunchycookie
crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch firmware update failure

A couple of days ago I plugged in my kobo touch and the desktop app updated itself and then updated the device. After this the divece wasnt visible in the windows desktop app, or as a disk in ubuntu, or calibre in unbuntu.

I did a factory reset and the hour glass icon never went away. I left it plugged into the power outlet overnight. In the morning the screen was blank. The power button did nothing and a pinhole reset just made the light flash green a few times and the screen refresh once, and then nothing. Still a blank screen.

At this point I tried extensive googling. I opened the black of the device for a look. I noticed the internal SD card. Some more googling and I decided to remove it and plug it into my computer. I can mount the first partition. The other two fail to mount with a corrupt superblock error. I can't mount the whole disk either I tried to create a backup image of the card with dd. This creates an image of about 150MB and then fails with an input/output error.

I believe if i had a clean SD image to put onto the card I could fix this problem but I am really not sure at this point. Does anyone have an ideas?

I notice there is a thread here from a few days ago with someone sharing an image for a touch model N905C, mine is a N905B, going by what is written on the device. Whould this image be compatible?

Thanks
crunchycookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It sounds like you did everything except forcing the power off and a factory reset from that state. But, from what is happening with the SD card, that probably wouldn't work.

There are a couple of images mentioned in that thread. I have one for a N905B. I'll send you a PM with the location.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
crunchycookie
crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Touch
Thank you very much. The image you PMed me worked perfectly.
crunchycookie is offline   Reply With Quote