Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #46
belomoeff
belomoeff has learned how to read e-booksbelomoeff has learned how to read e-booksbelomoeff has learned how to read e-booksbelomoeff has learned how to read e-booksbelomoeff has learned how to read e-booksbelomoeff has learned how to read e-booksbelomoeff has learned how to read e-booksbelomoeff has learned how to read e-books

Device: Prology Latitude I-601
Hello, everyone! I'm new in Mobileread. I think that Reading Recomendations forum will be most interesting for me because I love to read quality books.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #47
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Talking

Congrats, MR. MR is actually the only forum I am active in, although I am more of a lurker than anything else.I in 2008? (I think) but lurked for a year or so before joining.

My favorite places are always Home Page and I go on from there. I usually always visit Deals and Freebies and the News forum. I check daily to see what has been uploaded and download what I find interesting.

Congratulations, MR. What would we all do without it to provide insight and information for what is a mutual passion for all of us, eBooks and eReading devices.
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #48
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think it's safe to say my favourite area (or at least where I hang hte most) is Kobo Reader. Why you say? I'm a passionate Kobo user and have been from day one and try to help as much as I can.

What could we do to improve it?

Maybe an easy (lol) means to reorganize, to winnow the chaff, to pull out those tidbits of info that get buried so easily in the ongoing discussions, that often meander. An easy means to label info and tips for both devices AND software levels.

But even without changes I'll continue to return day in, day out, and add my comments where needed
Old 10-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #49
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Congratulations on 10 years, and thanks for having us!

Since I'm pretty new to the ebook scene, I'd have to say my favorites now are the Kindle forum, and I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the Calibre forum. I kinda like looking at the stuff in the Kindle developers forum, just to find out some more of what I don't know.

From what I've seen here of the community, I have no doubts you'll still be around for a long time!
Old 10-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #50
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Happy Birthday, MobileRead!

My fav forum is "Deals, Freebies and Resources." I find the best bargains there! I think it has improved greatly by eliminating self-promotion, and I love the monthly by genre threads. I can't think of a way to improve off the top of my head! There have been plenty of improvements in the past few months!

I also check out the Kobo device-specific forum often to get the latest news on my favorite reader.

Wonderful site! Here's to (at least) ten more years!
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #51
jwsheets
Connoisseur
jwsheets began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
My favorite section is the epub section, cuz epubs are my favorites! Though Kindle is growing on me. I love the forum, great information and get to meet such interesting people! I am not sure how you would improve it, it is already my favorite!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #52
CapnGoat
CapnGoat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G (US)
Congratulation to your 10th anniversary.

I've just recently joined the forum and only had experience with the Amazon Kindle forum but I can say that the people there were very helpful and friendly.

Alas, because I've only been here for this short time I can't comment on what that forum section would need to improve. They helped me with my problem very quickly and patiently. What else could I ask of them?

Once more: Congratulation on 10 years of MobileRead.com
Old 10-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #53
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Congratulations!

My favorite forum is Calibre due to the enormous value of the software to me. I regularly read many of the other forums but Calibre is always my first stop each morning.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #54
lovbooks641
lovbooks641 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Happy Birthday! My favorite section is Deals,Freebies and Resources. Love having a place to go where I can get coupons and info on free books on other websites.
Robin
Old 10-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #55
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Happy birthday Mobileread
My Favorite forum is Kindle Developer's Corner on which some serious developments are going on. To have a more useful forum we can have a more active tag system. For example they could be clickable on the thread lists. Most favourite ones could be listed on the top of the thread lists, etc. ( I think prefixes are useful but not sufficient)

Last edited by thomass; 10-30-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #56
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
Congrats to MR! I really enjoy the Calibre forum. I'm always finding new and better ways to keep my ebooks organized. It's a great place to learn about all the available plugins and to find tips for their use.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:22 PM   #57
CaribbeanJewel
CaribbeanJewel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi, congrats on your tenth Anniversary. Wishing you guys at MobileRead Many more 10th Anniversaries to come.

My absolute favorite section on the forum thus far is the Amazon Kindle forum. As a Kindle owner I am always visiting just to catch up on the news and what others have to say about our beloved Amazon Kindle.

I would love to see a more organized and specific layout of the topics. I sometimes feel overwhelmed searching for information. For example, each device should have their own categories and subcategories and miscellaneous items their own etc. I feel there is too much going on at once - the forum can be too congested and has a potential to be overwhelming.

Congrats again and thank you so much for the giveaway. Bless
Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #58
t-town
Connoisseur
t-town began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi

my favorite section is news and general discussion. I came here for advice on buying an e-reader and I really enjoy everyone discussing new types of e-readers coming out.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #59
wbteeple
wbteeple began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Pre Plus
Congratulations on your 10th anniversary. I've been reading the forum for at least three years, but especially since I purchased a Sony Reader, then a Kobo with Wi-Fi. May favorite forum is the Epub Ebooks: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?forumid=130

Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Bill
Old 10-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #60
Layne
Layne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Happy 10th Birthday!

I first discovered MobileRead two years ago right after purchasing my first Kindle. I appreciated all the helpful information and still enjoy checking in to see what's new. I don't have one favorite section --I enjoy them all, but if I have to choose one, I'd choose the Deals, Freebies, and Resources area.

Thanks for all you do!
Closed Thread