Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-15-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
forcheville
Zealot
forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs650, Boox M92, Samsung Slate 7
Firmware 1.3 has just ben released

That is, "has just been released".

You can get it here: http://www.onyx-international.com/support

I haven't installed it yet, but the zip package includes a 120 page Manual (v1.0) which also tells you how to install the firmware upgrade.
forcheville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
diezmikel
diezmikel began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox
Just installed, but didn't find anything new, maybe faster response?. Has anyone found something new in the update, in the official page isn't any list with updates improvements.

Nevertheless Im quite impressed with the updates frequency, seems people in onyx is worrying about improving the product.
diezmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
In the web browser there is a provision to enter a URL.
But several people (including me) have problems with Wifi with WPA2 encryption.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Also include DjVu support and a new digital keyboard which includes commas, periods, etc.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
In the web browser there is a provision to enter a URL.
But several people (including me) have problems with Wifi with WPA2 encryption.
What sort of problems? I'm planning to order a Boox shortly and my home Wifi is WPA2.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

It just hangs with the message 'Connecting ...'.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #7
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
It just hangs with the message 'Connecting ...'.
Someone posted this:

"I've solved the problem. I used MAC filtering in my network-router. I disabled it, and now I can connect to my network. It looks like the boox doesn't send my MAC adres to the network. It does show the right mac adres at the boox.
I have always used mac-filtering, so it wasn't a problem at the former firmware version.

UPDATE: after enabling the mac-filtering again, I still can connect to my network. :? ... I don't know what solved it, but for now my problem is solved... "
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #8
pietvo
Reader

I did not have Mac filtering. But I discovered something different: My Zyxel has a setting 'WPA compatible' which I had overlooked. It means that it supports WPA and WPA2 at the same time. When I switched this off the Boox did connect.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
egridou
egridou began at the beginning.

Device: Boox
Up to version 1.2xx the French interface did not work. Could someone please test if you can get the French option with 1.3?
egridou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #10
pietvo
Reader

No, when I selected French in Locale, I still got the English interface. Pas de Français.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #11
forcheville
Zealot
forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs650, Boox M92, Samsung Slate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duiker View Post
What sort of problems? I'm planning to order a Boox shortly and my home Wifi is WPA2.

Since installing 1.3 I have no problems connecting to WPA2 or to WEP (128 bit).
forcheville is offline   Reply With Quote