Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
KingDani
Zealot
KingDani began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s,Gigabyte U60 UMPC, SmartQ v7,EKEN M001
weird problem

i have recently bought a class 4 , 8gb SDHC Toshiba memory card , and copied everything on the 1 gigabyte original card onto it.
at first days of usage , everything was jolly good . after a while , i started to experience the stylus freeze problem , which i deemed normal , since fellow e-readers already reported on this forum , though i never had this sort of problem over first several hours of usage on v.1 firmware and 1gb card.
little by little , i get this fixed green light over one of touch keys and non-responsive panel which this key belongs to.
and at times i had 3 lit keys , and absolutely no response.and the stylus also freezes too.this is ridiculous , since it will only rests with the reset button to make the device work.
i suddenly got this feeling that the problem might not be the stylus , i disbaled it and bam , i had frequent hangs again. i changed to memory card to the original one , and now everything seems fine to me.

do you think SD cards can do that?
any ideas?
KingDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
Grimulkan
Lord
Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Q1 (on way out), PRS505, DR1000S (dead :<), TC1100 (10'' perfection!)
Oh, they can do some pretty strange stuff.
Grimulkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
I have the exact same problem and I believe it has been reported numerous times. For me as well I believe for others it occurs when it is charging. Did you happen to have it charging during the period of time the new card was in the reader? Then when you changed cards the reader was fully charged and at the moment you are not seeing the problem because you are not charging the reader.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:22 AM   #4
KingDani
Zealot
KingDani began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s,Gigabyte U60 UMPC, SmartQ v7,EKEN M001
i never had used my DR while charging , so the problem persist at all times.
by the way , i didn't quite get it , you said that if when charging , the big memory is in , then the device will later on hang , so theoretically if i insert the 1g original card and then charge , this won't happen? weird!
KingDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
I didn't mean to say that I noticed the card having any affect on the problem. I tried to suggest a scenario where you might have associated the card with the problem because of the timing of the button freeze when in fact it had to do with charging the reader. Since you were not charging the reader during the time you experienced the problem with the 8 gig, my idea does not hold work.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert