Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Kindle 2-- no more folders

Reading the Kindle 2 user guide, it appears that even the "folders" Kindle now has are absent on the 2. Current Periodicals appear on the main screen and past issues (7 by default) are in one single folder for all periodicals.

At the least, this implies that the code for automatically grouping enews with the same title is gone and the existing folder workaround is likely to fail on the Kindle 2.

I'll miss it.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Reading the Kindle 2 user guide, it appears that even the "folders" Kindle now has are absent on the 2. Current Periodicals appear on the main screen and past issues (7 by default) are in one single folder for all periodicals.

At the least, this implies that the code for automatically grouping enews with the same title is gone and the existing folder workaround is likely to fail on the Kindle 2.

I'll miss it.
Huh, I didn't catch that. I'll miss it also.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
didn't you get the memo...Amazon sez you don't need folders, memory card, or removable battery
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
StanDaMan
Connoisseur
StanDaMan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
didn't you get the memo...Amazon sez you don't need folders, memory card, or removable battery
lawl

I'll miss the folders more than the memory card.
StanDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #5
Nickfdr
Enthusiast
Nickfdr began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
never had a kindle but folder browsing is good last time i checked
Nickfdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
As an aside, with the Kindle 1 at least (my II hasn't arrive yet, of course!) you can STORE your books in folders. So that, when you look at it through the USB cable, it is a bit more organized. The Kindle1 just ignores the folders and displays all the books anyway. I find this better than absolutely no capability to folderize, even underneath the surface.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote