Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #151
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Yet another test for LuBiB
Since you are willing to test our suggestions I am addressing this one to you again but anyone else if free to test

more questions for you here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=135

my last question: would it be possible to take a color PDF page and do the following:
-display the page on your ereader and take picture of if
-on the desktop transform the page to B&W (greys), keep the resolution the same and load it back to your ereader and again take a picture of it ?

Please post the two pictures here. This test should clearly show the differences in resolution between B&W and Color for the ereader.

Since the resolution is bigger on B&W (greys) I expect the corresponding PDF to show smaller on the same screen... this would be an interesting test.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #152
Tekolamir
Tekolamir began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook color / Sony PRS T1 / Bebook one
Bonjour,
Tekolamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #153
Ninisombra
Ninisombra began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook Color
How does one set up WiFi connection on the JetBook Color? Could any one help? Thanks!
Ninisombra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #154
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I wouldn't count the Windows embedded OS as that far below the embedded Linux OS.
There are processors that are optimized for both OS.

The Win CE has the Windows Mobile/Pocket PC user interface, much like Linux has
Android.

The Win CE has .cab files for program installation just like Android has .apk files.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms834453.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_CE

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembe...compact-7.aspx

http://www.pda-archives.com/wince/1.htm

If you really want to get into this you can hang around
http://www.xda-developers.com/ for
awhile.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #155
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Yet another test for LuBiB
Since you are willing to test our suggestions I am addressing this one to you again but anyone else if free to test

more questions for you here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=135

my last question: would it be possible to take a color PDF page and do the following:
-display the page on your ereader and take picture of if
-on the desktop transform the page to B&W (greys), keep the resolution the same and load it back to your ereader and again take a picture of it ?

Please post the two pictures here. This test should clearly show the differences in resolution between B&W and Color for the ereader.

Since the resolution is bigger on B&W (greys) I expect the corresponding PDF to show smaller on the same screen... this would be an interesting test.
If colors are somewhat greyishly bleached, greyishly bleached colors will still be greyishly bleached. So you won't have much of an idea how it looks like in real life, as the color curve is not going very linear.

It would be interesting to see if you could use this principle to over expose pictures on the computer, so they would display better on the color!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #156
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
If colors are somewhat greyishly bleached, greyishly bleached colors will still be greyishly bleached. So you won't have much of an idea how it looks like in real life, as the color curve is not going very linear.

It would be interesting to see if you could use this principle to over expose pictures on the computer, so they would display better on the color!
You got it wrong
I expect that because of different resolutions between Color and B&W to see the B&W image smaller than the color image

Though I might be wrong because PDF are vector based files ...probably the test should be run with two versions of the same picture.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #157
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur
LovePlanetEarth began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Black (Finally!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Oh believe me, I'd far rather have a matte textured black surround - good contrast with the screen and no reflections. But everything has to be shiny and glossy nowadays, it's the law.

Andrew
Oh yeas, I agree with you.
Like Apple computes come with glossy screen by default, and I you want a matte - well, bad luck! They can do matte only on certain products... You cannot get an "Air" for example with matte screen! Which is a joke!!! Whoever buys such a portable devise will inevitably get outside with it!!!
I wish they did JBC in black matte for better contrast and for less glossiness...
LovePlanetEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #158
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by netboy View Post
Man I am still waiting on mine ordered Jan 5. :S
Wow! That makes ECTACO look baaaad!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #159
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by X read X View Post
I was trolling the ectaco forums and found this post about speed thought I'd share http://www.ectaco.com/posts/list/77639.page

I would think the response time has something to do with the screen size? I remember my small tube tv booted up in a second but my flat screen takes like 30 seconds.
this was educational
Old 02-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #160
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
My office is considering getting everyone a jetbook color now to use for storing documents
What a great organisation you work for!!!
Lucky duck
Old 02-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #161
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I just received my jetBook Color!
It has the same sticker on the box: [COLOR="Red"][B]"Make sure to update your device on March 1st & April 1st for even more cool features and functions.
thoughts are welcomed!!!

Last edited by LovePlanetEarth; 02-08-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #162
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post

The 1st one (and the coolest) is the Table of Contents:

It breaks down chapters with chapter titles so you can jump from one to another. Pretty convenient when a teacher might say "Now class, go to chapter 4."

The 2nd one is bookmarks. Now i only bookmarked one page to show the function, but you can probably do this to however many pages you like. What's interesting is that a virtual keyboard popped up and let me title the bookmark itself. Since the page was about line segments, i titled it "Line Segment." (When i did this in FB2, it gave me the page number followed by the first words on that page), and this is how the lonely 1 bookmark looks:

The 3rd function is a "Page Jump" feature where a block of numbers pops up on the screen and you input what page you want to jump to:

If anyone else finds anything make sure to post! There's not a lot of info on the functionality of the device yet so i'm interested in seeing what other features they've locked up in here
Wow!!! Dude, these findings are amazing!!! (well, now I'm having second thoughts about buying Boox M92... )

Would you have any chance of comparing screen quality of JBC with Kindle DXG, or Boox M92... I'm mostly concerned about "ghosting" and "sharpness / darkness" of the text...
Old 02-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #163
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur

Quote:
Ask your sister to find out how to use free hand drawing/scribbling in PDFs please
lol
Old 02-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #164
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You can get very nice Carbon Fiber films that add strength as well as texture
to the things they get applied to. (Google Carbon Fiber Skinning) It's a little
harder to find a flat/matte finish but there are some out there, some with a
Kevlar and carbon fiber mix.

There is also a 3M vinyl sticker sheet made to look and feel just like carbon fiber,
but it's a lot cheaper and easier to apply.

Luck;
Ken
this is great to know
Very much appreciated!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #165
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Ask your sister to find out how to use free hand drawing/scribbling in PDFs please
I will bet you a jetBook Color that it will be available in one of the next updates!!

It's inevitable and the stylus is perfect for it.
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ectaco, jetbook color, jetbook color review