Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
iPhone App Update: highlights, notations, bookmarks

My iPhone Kobo app updated today. It has highlight capability, added notation capability, as well as I can figure out how to use the bookmarks now (I could set bookmarks before but didn't know how to get back to them). All of these were easy to use and figure out. Also promises dictionary lookup soon.

I wonder if the Kobo eReader will also have these capabilities, and sync up with the iPhone (WiFi will make it easier of course).

My phone seemed to have a bit of trouble with the update, though it might have just been my impatience. Should probably just have waited for it to finish when it warned me it needed to update all my content. I kept kicking it out and restarting it ... just should have waited
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
karenv
karenv began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Reader, iPhone
I've had trouble with the update even before I downloaded tonight. I used to be able to "Browse," "Search," etc. but can no longer do those things. I *can* read my books however. Don't know if it's a iOS4 thing or it's Kobo. Inclined to believe it's Kobo. I'm tired of the problems.
karenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Dictionary on iOS is going to be awesome.

Kobo eReader Wireless already has a dictionary, and when you close a book and have an internet connection, it will send up your latest bookmark to our servers.

Also, when you do a full library sync (which is a lot faster now) the same will happen so you can update a bookmark on the Kobo eReader, and then switch to the iPhone app and pick up where you left off.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote