Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-02-2005, 05:13 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
RIM outgrowing palmOne?

Both companies have one thing in common: they share a grim outlook. This is at least the quintessence of the article Holding Out for Handhelds appearing in today's TheStreet. Definitely a must-read if you're invested (or thinking of) in any of the two stocks.

The article is also quoting an analyst who believes that any comparison favors RIM, which is outgrowing palmOne and has much better operating margins. And palmOne had a history of problems with product transitions, so the analyst, which is another risk to its shares.

At least over the long term, the author believes that the prospects look brighter for both companies.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:35 PM   #2
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
I saw this over at Tam's blog and I posted about it over at Treo Central. I have a Treo 600 and the SanDisk Wifi card for my Zodiac, and I can't try it out until later today when I get home from work. Maybe by then someone else will confirm whether or not it works, and I'm a bit hesistant to be the guinea pig .

Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:29 PM   #3
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballistic
I saw this over at Tam's blog and I posted about it over at Treo Central. I have a Treo 600 and the SanDisk Wifi card for my Zodiac, and I can't try it out until later today when I get home from work. Maybe by then someone else will confirm whether or not it works, and I'm a bit hesistant to be the guinea pig .

Brian
Brian, this probably belongs to this thread, right?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote