Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
Storklind
Storklind began at the beginning.

Device: none
Music sheets, chords etc?

Hi.
I'm looking for a "machine" that I can use instead of all music notes etc that I have on paper.

I want to scan all my papers in to ebook reader or something like it, and than use it on stage on my music stand.

I dont care if its jpg or pdf. The most importen thing is that I easily can search and upload a "new song". I want to be able to see alla songs at the same time that I view the uploaded song. Maby as bookmarks or something..

Anyone that have a suggestion of what will be best for me?

Best Regards
Martin
Storklind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:40 AM   #2
Storklind

I must say that its not so much notes as it is chords, so the size doesnt matter so much..

Martin
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 05:37 AM   #3
Storklind

I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions to my computer.
Then i scanned 10 songs as jpg and opened them in Words.
I puted 1 song on one side in Words and saved it as a one PDF file.

I opened it in Adobe Digital Editions and made bookmarks for every jpg/song.

This way worked perfekt for me.

What ebook reader is the best for this?

Martin
Old 06-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
Interesting point you bring up.

A device purely for the display of music notation would be very useful. It would work better as a touch device I think so that you can just tap left or right and quickly change pages. I know a few musicians who love to get their hands on something like that.
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #5
Storklind

Yes. I know many musicians in sweden to, that want the same. I dont think you have to get a tablet pc, or a laptop. I think a ebook reader as you say with touch screen and long battery life would be perfect for this.
I had a Palm T5 before and it worked real good, but it broke. Now I have my eyes on a ebook reader. I just want one that work quickly and have sharp picture and good search meny.
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #6
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLee View Post
Interesting point you bring up.

A device purely for the display of music notation would be very useful. It would work better as a touch device I think so that you can just tap left or right and quickly change pages. I know a few musicians who love to get their hands on something like that.
http://corporate.freehandmusic.com/p...usicpadpro.php
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
Woah, nice!

"Ask and you shall receive!" Thanks!
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:20 AM   #8
Storklind

Well, this a great product. But its not so often that I read music notes. I play more like pop, rock, blues and its mostly chords. I have houndres of papers with my hand written chords and text, that I want to scan in.
The prices of this product is £734.38 and I think that I can find a simmular for better price.

I think I'll be looking for a ebook reader with touch screen and that can run
Adobe Digital Editions.
What is best? With E-paper or normal screen? Is E-paper readers to slow?

Last edited by Storklind; 06-26-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:30 AM   #9
Storklind

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix
I have not so much experienceused with a machine like this and theres hounders of products..

I dont need a 10" screen. 6" - 8" will be enough.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:15 AM   #10
Storklind

I dont think I'll be needing wifi or other wireless connections. Or lots of other programs etc.

I'll just need a way to see my scanned in papers and to have a possibillity to navigate quickly among the "songs".
I also need to have a overview to all songs, that maybe slides out or is there all the time.(at the same time I read the currently note)

Sorry about my Swenglich(swedish-english)
Old 06-26-2010, 05:16 AM   #11
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
A few ideas:
  • There was this old thread that also covered this request.
  • The Bebook Neo also has something to do with sheet music:
    Quote:
    That note-taking capability mentioned earlier may also prove useful for some people. You get a blank sheet, music stave, and some fun designs to use as backgrounds to notes. We'd prefer pen and paper, to be honest, but if you get stuck it is a handy last resort.
  • I'm pretty sure that the Asus DR 900 coming out in Aug also has some sort of sheet music functionality but I can't remember where I saw that.
  • I'd also look at the new tablet PC's once suitable applications are available for them
  • Best might be to just buy an ipad and use software that's already available for it.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #12
Storklind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
A few ideas:
  • There was this old thread that also covered this request.
  • The Bebook Neo also has something to do with sheet music:
  • I'm pretty sure that the Asus DR 900 coming out in Aug also has some sort of sheet music functionality but I can't remember where I saw that.
  • I'd also look at the new tablet PC's once suitable applications are available for them
  • Best might be to just buy an ipad and use software that's already available for it.
Tanks for your reply.
I dont read so much sheet music, as I do my own notes, as chords, text etc.
So a simple device with quick navigation to all my scanned in papers.. will do.