Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: When do you butter your toast?
I butter it in sections, after its cooled..... 5 4.46%
I butter it while its still warm so the butter melts into the toast 86 76.79%
The blue German vegetarian Fish that lives in Portugal but eats meat. 15 13.39%
I butter my toast cool but not in sections 6 5.36%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #46
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I love snopes.

I especially love sending the appropriate links to people who send me email warnings about viruses, giveaways, pictures of sharks in trees, false "facts" about politicians, (both sides) and myriad other stupidthings.

I especially love pointing out that even if the email includes a disclaimer saying "I checked it out on Snopes and its TRUE" thats just the latest in a long line of hoaxes.

always go there yourself and check.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #47
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
who believes these things?
unfortuantely too many people and from surprising backgrounds... my best friend's wife, college educated, bright, used to email me practically every inter-net rumour, hoax etc etc that ever darkened her mail box. I patiently sourced it out, usually at Snopes and would send her the link. it never made any difference. finally one time I was on an archaeological dig in New Mexico, and getting my email once every 3 days or so on a painfully slow dial up connection, she sent me a letter, the heading was; "important for you to know on your dig!" and it was full of the most incredible BS you could imagine! I finally told her; "look, I appreciate hearing from you about your family, personal accomplishments and so on, but please do not send me any more of that tripe unless you have personally checked it out yourself." that was 7 years ago. the only email I have gotten from her since was what I was supposed to bring for Thanksgiving 3 years ago when I was in Virginia.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #48
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
toast should be HOT !! and butter should be melty ! and even better than (hot) toast, is bread which is still hot from the over ! that is heaven on a plate. i like my toast made from multi-grain bread or else from "seigle" (rye) and cut very thick. i like my "still hot from the oven" to be a baguette, which will be devoured before it has time to cool !

wow that other photo is HUGE, check it here if you want to see :

http://techno.boulangerie.free.fr/me...s/100_2633.JPG
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #49
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
unfortuantely too many people and from surprising backgrounds... my best friend's wife, college educated, bright, used to email me practically every inter-net rumour, hoax etc etc that ever darkened her mail box. I patiently sourced it out, usually at Snopes and would send her the link. it never made any difference. finally one time I was on an archaeological dig in New Mexico, and getting my email once every 3 days or so on a painfully slow dial up connection, she sent me a letter, the heading was; "important for you to know on your dig!" and it was full of the most incredible BS you could imagine! I finally told her; "look, I appreciate hearing from you about your family, personal accomplishments and so on, but please do not send me any more of that tripe unless you have personally checked it out yourself." that was 7 years ago. the only email I have gotten from her since was what I was supposed to bring for Thanksgiving 3 years ago when I was in Virginia.
So true!!!! I have, (had) friends who are totally insulted because

"it may not be true but it should/could be!!!!"
Old 06-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #50
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I can still get marg in my bit of the UK, although they all seem to have rebranded themselves as "spread" They're still made from various vegetable oils and no dairy, though...
I think officially marge and spreads are different products.

It came up on an edition of 'Q.I.' that you can't buy margarine in Britain any more. When I checked my local supermarkets, they were only selling spreads.

The matter has been discussed on the Q.I. chat pages; and I think someone from the programme posted a message saying:

"We were quoting the UK Spreads Association (which used to be called the Margarine and Spreads Association), which says that marge is no longer for sale in this country - they recently changed the formulations of their members’ products so that they no longer come into the 80-90% fat content bracket that legally defines them as margarines. Their spokesman said:
“We would like to make it clear that there are no brands of margarine on sale in Britain today.”"
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #51
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
I love snopes.

I especially love sending the appropriate links to people who send me email warnings about viruses, giveaways, pictures of sharks in trees, false "facts" about politicians, (both sides) and myriad other stupidthings.

I especially love pointing out that even if the email includes a disclaimer saying "I checked it out on Snopes and its TRUE" thats just the latest in a long line of hoaxes.

always go there yourself and check.
get outta my head!!!!!!!!

yikes zelda!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #52
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

madame z, we're begging you..........reduce the pic!!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #53
krisk
Wizard

Quote:
she did, we're both slow
Old 06-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #54
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
refresh the page ! i did that so fast there's not even a time stamp from the edit (it was resized in the page i found it and looked about 1/10 that size).
Old 06-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #55
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Thank you.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #56
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Fresh bread from the oven! Man, it's 2:30 and I'm already hungry again.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #57
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I don't put butter on my toast - I just have it with jam and/or marmite and/or baked beans on it.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:39 PM   #58
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
That's just silly! Do you mean to say this is a fixed appliance (for lack of a better word) in homes all over the UK? I guess I just don't make enough toast at a time-- all toast goes immediately into someone's mouth, with a possible twin waiting - for seconds at most- on a plate to be consumed (the toast is to be consumed, not the plate, just for clarification).

(imagining other uses for that rack-- pop tart rack? don't know why though.... to let it cool perhaps....)
If it makes you feel better, I don't have one, and I think the only time I've seen them are in my parents' house (present from my grandparents) and in hotels.

I saw someone selling one in a street sale a couple of months ago and nearly bought it for the novelty value, then realised that there's no point as I would never use it for exactly the reasons you mention
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #59
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
4 pages so far on toast. I'm just sayin'.... :-)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:44 PM   #60
zelda_pinwheel

oh, and i like capers too.